This year felt like I was going high speed on subway car - the time flew and I cannot believe that next week I will be making mistakes on checks and office emails by writing 2007 instead of 2008. I liked that my good friend Charlie took the time to reflect on the year with his favorite moments on his blog, and I think I am going to borrow that concept and present it here with 29 of my favorite moments from 2007 since I turn 30 in 2008:
The Twenty-Nine Best Moments of 2007:
1) Typing my resignation letter and leaving the building I taught in for seven years for the very last time.
2) J. Sarah's wedding and all of the moments of preparation.
3) Meeting the beau on March 24th for the first time at Novita wine bar.
4) Any and every moment I have spent with Jack; each time he hugs and kisses me, I always get teary when I get a hug or kiss.
5) Fishing with the beau and eating crabs caught in a pot thrown into the canal of his parents' backyard on the Great South Bay of Long Island.
6) D.R. graduating Ranger School.
7) Meeting all of my new girlfriends at work: they are fun, sassy, and have already shown a lot of loyalty.
8) Staying with Cassie at her house in Carmel for a few days in October.
9) My Tiki Party in the summer and setting one of the tables on fire with defective citronella candles.
10) T.R. bar nights with my crew from Summer Rec.
11) Seeing Bruce Springsteen live at MSG.
12) Day trips to Brooklyn with the beau, such as going to Smith Street and drinking all night or visiting the MTA Transit Museum. (see photo above)
13) Sister dinners with Missy and Robin that are lovingly crashed by my brother-in-law.
14) The Fourth of July party at the beach with the beau and his family.
15) Happy Hour Fridays with my new colleagues at The Peddler.
16) Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway with my mommy, my sisters, and my grandma.
17) Registering for my first Library Science class.
18) Summer Sunday afternoons at Meades Gastropub.
19) My visit to Lime's in Virginia back in October for a weekend and her teaching me how to make earrings.
20) Dressing up as Captain Hook when Jack was Peter Pan for Halloween. (Robin was Tinkerbell and together we equaled two crazy aunts)
21) St. Patrick's Day in Long Beach with Charlie and having fun for the entire day with random strangers.
22) Going away to Gettysburg with the beau and being on the battlefield itself.
23) All the Jewish holidays with J. Sarah and her family.
24) Getting my huge desk at work and fixing it up nicely.
25) My new boss calling me in to his office for "important" matters for an hour: checking NFL scores and fantasy football league standings.
26) Cooking dinners for friends and family.
27) Jackson Heights food crawls that included UFC: Korean fried chicken.
28) The Caribbean-style BBQ I had with Moo this summer and all the cooking we did together after our hike at Sands Point.
29) Wine tasting with Robin on the North Fork - we both played hooky from work and just went out to enjoy ourselves.