Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, February 08, 2009

"... and a story-book" ~ Jane Eyre

The breeze is warmer and my hands feel like the ice around them has melted, and so I am here typing on one of the most special days in my heart.

Today is the anniversary of my first kiss with the Prince.

I always think about our first kiss and remember the lines from The Princess Bride: “Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.” I believe in my heart that the kiss we shared one year ago on this very day is one that left them all behind.

I placed my glass of chardonnay down on the side area of the bar, next to his glass of Scotch. We had been there a few hours, all the while my heart pounding every second of every minute of being around him. I grew warm under my woolen Free People dress, trying to control my breathing as much as possible. I had to focus carefully on my words, but the closer we got to that moment, the harder it became for me. I remember being mid-sentence and then noticing a spark in his bedroom eyes that made me stammer. Moving upwards towards my cheek was his hand; his fingers touching my skin rendered me speechless. I closed my eyes and within the dark amber light behind my eyelids I remember the emotion I felt as our lips touched for the first time. It was better than any storybook fairy tale kiss, because this was real and the stories are fiction. First and foremost was a pure feeling of joy. And although at that time we did not know where our story would take us, it felt more perfect and right than any other action in my life.

We kissed for hours that night, and I don't really think that the kiss will ever end. The beauty is that there have been so many unique kisses within our one, big, great kiss. But it is still always that one great kiss even today, even last night, even later on this evening when we go back to the bar to order drinks at celebrate our kiss.

I was thinking about all of the places we have kissed in the year this morning when I woke up. The galleries in the MET. The breezey and cool Jersey shore. The mountains in the Catskills. In front of Jack at IHOP when he told us "no kissing!" During football games on Sundays. His bed. My bed. The wineries on the North Fork. My car. His car. Movie theatres. The New York City Subway. The kitchen. My doorstep. The bookstore. His backyard. The fabric office. On a dance floor. The aisle of Patel Brothers. 7-11. Barefoot Peddler. The swimming pool. A moonlit street corner of New York City. After eating falafel at Naomi's Kosher Pizza Kitchen. The bathtub. Through his driver side window when he comes to pick me up from the train station.

Each time as wonderful as the last, and no doubt as special as the next.

Wesley and Buttercup have nothing on us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF6DGe2wUco

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

awwwwwwwwww ...
sigh .......... :)
so romantic ..

3:50 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Wow..amazing moments, breathtaking. It's not a norm to kiss publicly in my world here..but our first was in a slightly hidden public place on one unforgettable night! We could be sent to jail if someone sees..he he.

5:17 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

With all the wonderful moments spent kissing, how do you ever find the time to write about it?

Keep the fires stoked and full steam ahead!

6:48 AM  
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

You are truly talented to be able to write something so romantic without making me want to puke LOL. I'm serious. I'm not a romantic but I love hearing about your Prince and I'm wishing you all the best with him.

10:15 AM  
Blogger moi said...

The first kiss is the BEST! Which is probably why I can remember every single one of the first kisses I've had. How wonderful of you to celebrate yours!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

eep!

5:21 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

that was rather hot - the lead up to the kiss. i love that amber light through your eyelids bit. very nice. im really happy for you.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home