Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, February 13, 2007


"Had professed to return with even superior ardour..." ~ Jane Eyre

Since Valentine's Day is about fluff, whether it be fluffy Hallmark cards or marshmallow fluff atop a chocolate dessert, I decided to post a light and fluffy meme about some things I truly love, alphabetically listed! Happy Chocolate Day to all tomorrow!

A rtists: Johannes Vermeer, Edward Hopper
B ooks on Love: Ovid's Book of Love, Plato's Symposium
C hildren: Jack, Jack, Jack
D ips: spinach and artichoke, crab
E pilogues: Romeo and Juliet
F rozen treats: Skinny Cow mint flying saucers, banana splits
G ardens: rose garden at the Planting Fields
H istorical Eras: Roman, American Civil War, American Revolution
I dioms: "And all that jazz..."
J urassic creatures: Stegasaurus
K orean dishes: bi bim bop
L ibraries: Shakespeare Library in Washington, DC
M ollusks: mussels oreganata
N awlins: Pimm's cup, Rebirth Brass Band, Audubon Zoo
O pera: Eugene Onegin (Tchaikovsky)
P oets: Pablo Neruda, Li-Young Lee, Sharon Olds
Q ueens: Elizabeth I
R eviews: The New York Times Book Review
S eas: The Atlantic Ocean
T eas: barley, gingerbread, vanilla, Earl Grey
U rban areas: New York City
V ictorian writers: Charlotte Bronte, George Eliot
W ines: Nero D'Avola from Sicily, Scuttlehole Chardonnay (Channing Daughters)
X mas activities: decorating the Christmas tree, cooking for my family
Y eats poems: "The Falling of the Leaves" and "Leda and the Swan"
Z est: Key lime!


(Hungry? Visit me at www.epicureanescapades.blogspot.com!)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Non-Highlighted Heather said...

I fell in love with a boy who gave me this Yeats' poem:

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love Tchaikovsky--my favorite composer. An interesting choice for a favorite opera however. I can't say I remember what his sounds like. Man, he was so misunderstood in his time.

2:41 PM  
Blogger ReadItDaddy said...

Great Meme...!

Peej
x

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine Ms. Amy..and a hug to your cute nephew!!

diz' is Luxy too lazy to sign in..he!he!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Here's a wish for you...

Bring your books and your music, pull the rocking chair closer to the woodstove, and I'll brew a cup of Earl Grey...

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Happy Valentines Day, Amy-
Hope yours is full of warmth, love, and chocolate :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

You have the perfect Valentine's day attitude, my dear. Pamper yourself, why wait for others to shower you with splendors when you yourself can do a much better job!

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
WiP

1:48 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

and a happy chocolate day to you too.
i love earl grey, vermeer, spinach and artichokes..
i love a good red wine, neruda, the atlantic ocean..
and i love reading your blog..

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home