Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, May 04, 2006


"And by degrees various facts came out..." ~ Jane Eyre

Various miscellany for the evening, about the evening:

~ Tonight I heard a few of the new songs by Springsteen on WFUV. I know many critics have been skeptical about this new CD, but anything that man sings is golden. His version of "Shenandoah" is eerily beautiful. The concept of him doing American folk songs is something to be embraced. I would love to hear these songs live.

~ David Blaine creeps me out. Cassie went to see him today in his water globe. She and I discussed him via IM this evening, and I admit to morbid fascination. Whilst I appreciate his homage to Houdini-esque stunts, the thought that comes to mind first when I think of Blaine his how his skin is going to be after seven days in water. It rather makes me ill to think about such things, but nonetheless I am.

~ I am wearing Chaz's PJ bottoms to bed this evening. They are an orange plaid from Old Navy. I stole them the other night. They smell like his fabric softener. I hope I don't have to give them back. It makes me feel like he is here. There is something quite comforting about wearing these, and I am relishing in the fact that they are very soft and very long on me. Long enough to trip over. Hmmm. Better make cuffs.

~ These 100 calorie snack packs are a great invention in the history of food. I am drinking some skim milk and having a Chips Ahoy pack. I love that milk and cookies can be so guiltless. This weekend I may bake some cookies. I found a recipe for Key Lime Cookies with White Chocolate Chips. The key lime flavor itself is worth the baking experience.

~ Putting Jack to bed tonight was quite amusing. He loves changing into his pajamas and enjoys shaking his legs when on the changing table. His head is now full of hair, and now that it is getting more humid, it is getting filled curly hair. I love it. I just love it. I know many aunts say their nephews are advanced for their age, but I can truly assert that my baby nephew is, by far, quite advanced in comprehension and language skills for all of his eight months in this world.

~ I think that writers have a sense of when their best time to write is. Mine certainly is in the morning. The nighttime clouds my thoughts and the sleep that begins to weigh on my body takes away from my stream of consciousness. I care more for my pillow than I do wit and more for the dark than I do illuminating pages with words.

8 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I LOVE those 100 calorie snack packs, and I feel like I'm eating an entire package of Oreos or Nutter Butters! Sounds like your night was just as it should be - relaxing and peaceful.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

I like when you wear my pj pants. If I were sugar V, I'd ask to wear your pj's, but I am not into that cross dressing that he likes so very much.

Those 100 calorie packs are cool, but it takes 2 or 3 of them to get my fill!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I like that sometimes our days just come out in various tidbit forms. I like lots of little bits.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

Any chance that you'll post that cookie recipe if they're any good? They sound WONDERFUL.

I'm a nighttime writer. I think late at night my weary brain gets better at focusing on the topic at hand rather than wandering all over the place.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

oh, and PS, you can keep my pj's at your house! :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Steph ~ I have had the nutter butters and they are delish!

Chaz ~ Thanks for the PJ donation. :)

Kels ~ Once in a while I love doing tidbits as posts. The small things sometimes give the best bigger picture.

WIP ~ Cookie recipe posted for you, my dear. You and I are complete creative opposites in terms of hours. ;)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

First of all..you are great any time of the day.

On the list below of 100 things to do..Napa was amazing! It's funny how many of those things we have in common. Can you believe that this California girl, living in TN, has done Tanglewood twice?! LOL.

Love love love the 100 calorie snacks. Aren't they perfect with a cup of coffee, too?

8:52 AM  
Blogger afromabq said...

blaine IS creepy...i think it's his eyes. you and charlie are soooo cute. i love hearing your little tidbits about him. a different perspective. :)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home