Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006


"I would never think of running a hundred miles..." ~ Jane Eyre

This is my 100th Post.
Therefore, a celebration of life is in order.
At 28 years of age, there is still so much to do!

100 Things I Plan to do in my Lifetime:

1oo. Attend the New Year's Eve Gala at the Metropolitan Opera House.
99. Make snow angels, snow forts, and snowmen with Jack.
98. Visit Prince Edward Island with J. Sarah and do nothing but talk about Anne of Green Gables the entire time.
97. Obtain tickets to a Jimmy Buffett concert.
96. Meet Derek Jeter at batting practice before a game.
95. Ski the Swiss Alps.
94. Visit Pearl Harbor and Gettysburg.
93. Go bird watching.
92. Take ballet and belly dance classes again.
91. Make my own wine.
90. Do spa treatments in Reykjavik.
89. Plan an Austen tour of England and be all nerdy visiting the sites listed in her novels.
88. Audition for a community theatre that performs Shakespeare's plays.
87. Swim with dolphins.
86. Pierce my bellybutton for a belly ring.
85. Bake a seven layer cake and make fondant icing from scratch.
84. Spend a month in an Italian villa (like in Enchanted April)
83. Enter Fenway Park wearing Yankee attire. Bring it on, Sux fans.
82. Attend a Superbowl.
81. Hear Beethoven's 9th Symphony live.
80. Own a bulldog named Watson (as in elementary, my dear).
79. Publish a short story.
78. Have annual lobster bakes for friends and family.
77. Spend a summer teaching English in Armenia.
76. View the Northern Lights.
75. Attend a concert at Tanglewood.
74. Wine sip all of Napa Valley.
73. Attend a Democratic Convention.
72. Take a coffee tasting tour of South America.
71. Keep a rose garden.
70. Re-learn the French language.
69. Buy more pieces from Agent Provocateur for no one's pleasure but my own.
68. Play Chess in Washington Square Park.
67. Partake in a Pub crawl.
66. And a Pizza one, too.
65. Visit the Dead Sea in Israel and do the Spa treatments there.
64. Visit the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem on the same trip.
63. Host a Star Wars Day/Night Marathon.
62. Audition for the Next Foodnetwork Star.
61. Go back to London with twin sis.
60. Have a saltwater fish tank.
59. Attend the Mermaid Parade in Brooklyn (perhaps even this June 24th - http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml)
58. Do tequila shots with my dad in Key West.
57. Speaking of Florida, do a huge family vacation to Disney when Jacks is a bit older. Robin and I are already planning this. She called shotgun with him on the Peter Pan ride and I am so pissed. But, fair is fair.
56. Spend a week on a Dude Ranch and riding horses all week.
55. Dress as Scarlett O'Hara one of these Halloweens.
54. Rent a Porsche Boxter for a week and enjoy.
53. Make homemade fudge.
52. Get back on the back of John's Fatboy this summer.
51. See the statue of David in person. Oh god, how I love that statue.
50. Own a pair of Jimmy Choos.
49. Plant a fig tree.
48. Throw a Gatsby-esque party.
47. Do a tour of castles in Ireland.
46. Join an Armenian Dance Troupe.
45. Canning homemade jams.

44. Ice skate in Central Park.
43. Be an audience member on Martha Stewart Live.
42. Visit St. Petersburg.
41. Take classes on how to sail.
40. Learn how to play golf.
39. Teach a course called Parenting 101 since the parents of my students lack good parenting skills.
38. Spend an entire day in the reading room of the New York Public Library.
37. Attend a reenactment of a Civil War Battle.
36. Kiss the Blarney Stone.
35. Drink in the "Absolut Ice Bar."
34. Eat lavender honey.
33. Walk in the hills of Austria and twirl around like Frauline Maria.
32. Learn how to serve Japanese tea, geisha style.
31. Take some form of martial arts.
30. Get a letter to the editor published in the NY Times.
29. Attend a bullfight in Spain.
28. Buy Jack Crackerjacks at his first Yankee game.
27. Own a house with a fireplace.
26. Study the etymology of my favorite words.
25. Drink coffee in Seattle for a week and go hear the underground bands there.
24. Milk a cow.
23. Order another cake from Sylvia Weinstock.
22. Climb cherry trees on a spring afternoon.
21. Have ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner one day.
20. Own a muu-muu when I am in my seventies and retire to Florida with my sisters like the Golden Girls.
19. Go topless on the Cote D'Azur.
18. Attend the Kentucky Derby.
17. Write a love letter to Ralph Fiennes.
16. Wear a jewelry piece from Cartier.
15. Fly a kite; I have never done this before.
14. Enter a beach volleyball tourney.
13. Join a women's softball league.
12. Attend Jazz Fest in Nawlins.
11. Run a half marathon.
10. Volunteer for an animal rescue league.
9. Write a children's book.
8. Tour the White House.
7. Eat frog's legs in Paris.
6. Become a handywoman and do things like change sink faucets.

5. Visit Lincoln's grave with flowers.
4. Sleep in a sunflower field.
3. Canoe in the Adirondacks.

2. Spend a week meditating with Buddhist monks.
1. Visit every chocolate shop in Paris.

14 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

blogger's acting up so don't know if my previous comment took or not...just delete if duplicate.

anyway, as i was saying, doing the pub crawl in england was pretty fun, and i'm totally w/you on mtg derek jeter, he's beautiful!

l love your list, and it looks like you'll be busy for a lifetime! lots to blog about :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

What a wonderful list!!! I love it. I think that you should just go and do as many as you can now, like get your navel pierced. I mean, you can always take it out. Also, I think you should sample Virginia wines too, we aren't doing so bad here!! Not that I am biased to any particular vineyards ;-)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Wow! That is one heck of a list! I don't know what a pub crawl is. Does that mean I'm sheltered or uninformed?

Why a fig tree?

LOVE this one: "Teach a course called Parenting 101 since the parents of my students lack good parenting skills."

I'm inspired. I don't know that I could come up with 100 things off the cuff. You've got me thinking...

4:59 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

I love your list!!! I have been to a Jimmy Buffet concert and it is WELL worth it!! In fact, I need to do it again!! Thanks for the reminder!

6:16 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Popsicle Toes ~ Oooo I am jealous about that pub crawl in Jolly Ol'!

Kels ~ I think I need to order up some Virginian wines. Any recs? :)

WIP ~ The fig tree that stood in my grandparents yard for fifty years and gave luscious figs died this year. So, I want to plant another. I love figs.

BG ~ What is your favorite Buffett song?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How about visit Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

This is a great list! You've inspired me to make my own list like this. Just not sure if I will share it. Great post!

7:53 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

V ~ Yes and lets go to a Cyclones game! ;)

Vix ~ Hmmm. I say post yours, too!

11:02 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Favorite Buffet song?? That's a tough one... How bout a quick list..

5. A Sailor looks at 40
4. Why Don't we get Drunk
3. Fins
2. margaritaville
1. Cheeseburger in Paradise

But basically the whole Greatest Hits album..
Did you know if you go to www.margaritaville.com
there is a Jimmy Buffet radio connection??!! Listening to it now!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I love your list. Mostly I just love that you have one. I think everyone should! I do. And I feel a great sense of accomplishment every time I cross one off. Some are tangible things, some are character traits I hope to achieve, however, if I ever do I hope I'm humble enough not to know it.
Thanks for sharing it!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jasika said...

Barev my fellow Hye!!!

This list rocks worlds! EXCEPT..I have to love you for being an Armo, but I can hate you considering Im a Sox fan right?!

Do they cancel eachother out??

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Nice list..I came here first time..nice blog you've got here..good work:-)

2:42 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG ~ Awesome list. As much as I always tend to say Cheeseburger is first, Margaritaville just keeps going back to that numero uno slot for me. :) Thank you SO much for the link on his site! Yay!

Steph ~ I think you are very wise to keep such a list, too.

Jasika ~ YES! They cancel each other out, Hyegirl. So glad you stopped by. I love your blog!

Sudarshan ~ Thanks for visiting!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With respect to the pub and pizza crawls, the NYC marathon holds this "pub crawl and run" every time they hold the marathon. Basically, people who want to run in the marathon but who don't care about their times stop at designated pubs and drink beer for every four miles they run.

I'm told it's great fun, but I could never do that... running on a full stomach kind of kills me. On the other hand, why not just quit once you're feeling mellow and continue drinking beer and eating pizza (a holy combination).

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home