"I would never think of running a hundred miles..." ~ Jane Eyre
This is my 100th Post.
Therefore, a celebration of life is in order.
At 28 years of age, there is still so much to do!
100 Things I Plan to do in my Lifetime:
1oo. Attend the New Year's Eve Gala at the Metropolitan Opera House.
99. Make snow angels, snow forts, and snowmen with Jack.
98. Visit Prince Edward Island with J. Sarah and do nothing but talk about Anne of Green Gables the entire time.
97. Obtain tickets to a Jimmy Buffett concert.
96. Meet Derek Jeter at batting practice before a game.
95. Ski the Swiss Alps.
94. Visit Pearl Harbor and Gettysburg.
93. Go bird watching.
92. Take ballet and belly dance classes again.
91. Make my own wine.
90. Do spa treatments in Reykjavik.
89. Plan an Austen tour of England and be all nerdy visiting the sites listed in her novels.
88. Audition for a community theatre that performs Shakespeare's plays.
87. Swim with dolphins.
86. Pierce my bellybutton for a belly ring.
85. Bake a seven layer cake and make fondant icing from scratch.
84. Spend a month in an Italian villa (like in Enchanted April)
83. Enter Fenway Park wearing Yankee attire. Bring it on, Sux fans.
82. Attend a Superbowl.
81. Hear Beethoven's 9th Symphony live.
80. Own a bulldog named Watson (as in elementary, my dear).
79. Publish a short story.
78. Have annual lobster bakes for friends and family.
77. Spend a summer teaching English in Armenia.
76. View the Northern Lights.
75. Attend a concert at Tanglewood.
74. Wine sip all of Napa Valley.
73. Attend a Democratic Convention.
72. Take a coffee tasting tour of South America.
71. Keep a rose garden.
70. Re-learn the French language.
69. Buy more pieces from Agent Provocateur for no one's pleasure but my own.
68. Play Chess in Washington Square Park.
67. Partake in a Pub crawl.
66. And a Pizza one, too.
65. Visit the Dead Sea in Israel and do the Spa treatments there.
64. Visit the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem on the same trip.
63. Host a Star Wars Day/Night Marathon.
62. Audition for the Next Foodnetwork Star.
61. Go back to London with twin sis.
60. Have a saltwater fish tank.
59. Attend the Mermaid Parade in Brooklyn (perhaps even this June 24th - http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml)
58. Do tequila shots with my dad in Key West.
57. Speaking of Florida, do a huge family vacation to Disney when Jacks is a bit older. Robin and I are already planning this. She called shotgun with him on the Peter Pan ride and I am so pissed. But, fair is fair.
56. Spend a week on a Dude Ranch and riding horses all week.
55. Dress as Scarlett O'Hara one of these Halloweens.
54. Rent a Porsche Boxter for a week and enjoy.
53. Make homemade fudge.
52. Get back on the back of John's Fatboy this summer.
51. See the statue of David in person. Oh god, how I love that statue.
50. Own a pair of Jimmy Choos.
49. Plant a fig tree.
48. Throw a Gatsby-esque party.
47. Do a tour of castles in Ireland.
46. Join an Armenian Dance Troupe.
45. Canning homemade jams.
44. Ice skate in Central Park.
43. Be an audience member on Martha Stewart Live.
42. Visit St. Petersburg.
41. Take classes on how to sail.
40. Learn how to play golf.
39. Teach a course called Parenting 101 since the parents of my students lack good parenting skills.
38. Spend an entire day in the reading room of the New York Public Library.
37. Attend a reenactment of a Civil War Battle.
36. Kiss the Blarney Stone.
35. Drink in the "Absolut Ice Bar."
34. Eat lavender honey.
33. Walk in the hills of Austria and twirl around like Frauline Maria.
32. Learn how to serve Japanese tea, geisha style.
31. Take some form of martial arts.
30. Get a letter to the editor published in the NY Times.
29. Attend a bullfight in Spain.
28. Buy Jack Crackerjacks at his first Yankee game.
27. Own a house with a fireplace.
26. Study the etymology of my favorite words.
25. Drink coffee in Seattle for a week and go hear the underground bands there.
24. Milk a cow.
23. Order another cake from Sylvia Weinstock.
22. Climb cherry trees on a spring afternoon.
21. Have ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner one day.
20. Own a muu-muu when I am in my seventies and retire to Florida with my sisters like the Golden Girls.
19. Go topless on the Cote D'Azur.
18. Attend the Kentucky Derby.
17. Write a love letter to Ralph Fiennes.
16. Wear a jewelry piece from Cartier.
15. Fly a kite; I have never done this before.
14. Enter a beach volleyball tourney.
13. Join a women's softball league.
12. Attend Jazz Fest in Nawlins.
11. Run a half marathon.
10. Volunteer for an animal rescue league.
9. Write a children's book.
8. Tour the White House.
7. Eat frog's legs in Paris.
6. Become a handywoman and do things like change sink faucets.
5. Visit Lincoln's grave with flowers.
4. Sleep in a sunflower field.
3. Canoe in the Adirondacks.
2. Spend a week meditating with Buddhist monks.
1. Visit every chocolate shop in Paris.
Reader, welcome to my life.
- Name: ThursdayNext
- Location: New York, United States