Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Monday, May 08, 2006

"I had difficulty in believing you..." ~ Jane Eyre

Things I cannot believe this evening...

~ Not that David Blaine didn't hold his breath for nine minutes, but that I actually turned on the TV to watch him not hold his breath for nine minutes.
~ That I only had one cup of coffee this morning (the average is two, the maximum is four, ideally I could go for five, but that is unhealthy).
~ The are rumors that Al Gore may run for president in 2008. I find this terribly ironic since, in my eyes, he won the 2000 Presidential Election.
~ That my car insurance bill is the equivalent to dollar amount it took to fill up my car with gas the past two trips to the gas station.
~ That the Devils are in the NHL Playoffs and not the Islanders or Rangers. When all is said and done, I will cheer for any New York team over a Jersey one. Glad they are down two games.
~ Joe Bastianich had the audacity to tell the viewers of his mother's show, Lidia's Family Table, this evening that it is ok to chill reds and let whites be warm. Ugh.
~ I updated my resume this evening and am seriously contemplating going into a career of curating for a museum. One day I want control over a DaVinci painting.
~ One of my female colleagues, who is clearly having a mid-thirties crisis because she is so haughty that she scares all the men away, wore black leggings to work today underneath a denim skirt. Leggings, people. Leggings. Maybe that is what scares the men away.
~ Its only Monday and all I can think about is the Yankee game on Saturday with Chaz. It will be the first of the season for me and I just can't wait to be in the Bronx.
~ That I am still awake at this hour when I could be underneath my covers, snuggling beneath them and hugging a pillow...

12 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

"One day I want control over a DaVinci painting." I love it!

And, in your colleague's defense, the eighties are coming back full throttle :-)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Gas prices are ridiculous, but it sounds like your car insurance is reasonable.

Leggings are not ok.... just no.no.no. Ok- I am glad that I got that out.

Good luck with your resume!

8:59 AM  
Blogger afromabq said...

everything is going up in price...my phone bill just went up 5 bucks due to taxes!

is it wrong that i actually like when they chill my red (sometimes)??? :)

i don't even wear leggings (or hose) in the winter, much less now in the spring. YIKES!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yeah, I hear you about the leggings. Although my daughter just bought the cutest little pair to wear under her demin skirt. But she's 11! :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

WIP ~ This is what I hear about the 80's! I just can't take that women today are looking like Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" days.

Kels ~ That gecko at Geico does not lie! ;)

PopsicleToes ~ Chilling a red is fine, but a warm white? That was the real ish with Joe B!

1:19 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Steph ~ Leggings up until 13 are perfectly acceptable! I am sure she looks adorable.

1:21 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Leggings!!?? No not no, but Hell no!! Yikes!

Don't even talk to me about gas prices or David Blaine... for the love of man!!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love they word "haughty" and I, too, think leggings are for the birds! What's next, stir-up pants?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Leggings! Gag, but true. How can that even be. Promise me you're not going to venture into leggings. Promise!

Oh and go Dodgers! LOL...that's right not one to ever ever ever root for those yankees! However, I am excited that you and C get to go for some fabulous fun.
xoxo
C

8:48 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

Leggings? In the old days we wore those with football uniforms or baseball uniforms (yeah , I am THAT old)...

I like your use of 'haughty' too.

The only difference if Gore was in, is that we would have been paying these gas prices years ago - just most of it in various taxes.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am not on board with the leggings.

Good luck with the resume. I've messed with mine so much in the last 3 months that I'm sick of looking at it. I'm considering just clearing it and writing, "Please just hire me. I promise I'm worth it." Do you think that will work? ; )

2:45 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Ok it's Thursday! I posted...you need to, too!
xoxo
C

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home