Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

"There was a crack, a crash, and a close rattling peal..." ~ Jane Eyre

My Prince's computer, which he built himself, is named after a great hero in Greek Mythology. If we were to name my laptop, it would be "weenie."

Weenie's makers just decided to tell me days after calls back and forth that the wireless system is faulty and an advisory was sent out. Personally, I have a feeling a regular update for Vista probably screwed it all up. I hate Vista, I hate HP, and I hate that next week weenie is being shipped off to California for repairs after my Prince is nice enough to save his innards on an external hard drive since I am panicked I will lose data.

And this, my dear readers, is why technology is both a blessing and a curse. Posts will be made from work when I now get here early in the morning so I can blog and read blogs, and the next two weekends will be spent borrowing air time from friends.

Hope you are all having a better week than me and my laptop.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Mc said...

nothing some Robitussin can't fix. :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

The Mean Reds? ! Holly Golightly....sorry about weeenie. Gag--these machines run our lives!!!


Thangs will be better a'fore ya know it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Awww! Don't hate HP. They are actually my favorite PC-makers. But next time, I will try a MAC.

Technology can be a wonderful thing...and mostly, it is...until something crashes. Grrr.

Best of luck getting yours fixed.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

At least you can blog at work! My employer blocks blogger. And I feel ya with the computer troubles...been there several times

10:15 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

poor wittle weenie ..
POOR THURSDAY .. :(
xoxoxoxoxoxo

8:09 AM  
Blogger moi said...

We have missssssed you! Hope things work out soon. You do have, I assume, plenty of booze and cake to ride this thing out?

12:44 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Oh and that's why god created all the Princes and the knight in Shining Armours..to help us women with this technical stuffs..If I don't have my hubby I don't think I will even know how to blog..he he..

Wishing that Weenie will be back soon..kicking and healthier than ever!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Then you should be making mac and cheese and planning some great fod posts.

I hope you're back under "full power" very soon!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope weenie will feel better soon... and you too! ;-)

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little could C. Bronte know she was supplying you with a lifetime of appropriate quotations, lol - much less to dramatize events surrounding a computer as written about on a blog!

9:12 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

I can empathize with you. I get all bent out of shape when my weenie is out of whack.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Yoo-hoo??? Nobody at home...sigh....Sugar, we's missin ya!!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home