Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, December 06, 2008

"About a little child..." ~ Jane Eyre

This is, by far, one of my favorite photos of my nephew ever. The past few years he has had nice photos with Santa, but this is, by far, the sweetest one. It captures the quintessential innocence, love, and joy children feel for this mythical "Father Christmas" who serves as a symbol of hope and magic. Jack does not associate Santa with toys...rather...he is the teacher of the boy who wouldnt believe from The Polar Express. He continues to love watching the film each day this Christmas season, and now he also has an actual train set to run around the Christmas tree! For Jack, Santa is the man who gives the little boy his sleigh bell to ring and hear hope from. :)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

very, very cute .. so innocent ..
and that reminds me ..
i was gonna sit on santa's lap and whisper sweet nothings into his ear .. not quite so innocent however.
yah, you know .. my santa lives right here with me ..
;)

9:35 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Foam - I am sure your Santa is going to be very good to you this year. ;)

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy :) I never left a comment before so just wanted to say hi :) Love your blog.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

My poor sister, her oldest HATED Santa and pictures and we have only one... when he was just a blob and couldn't complain.

I love those big eyes on your Nephew. What a sweetie face.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home