Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Sorting of currants, grating of spices..." ~ Jane Eyre

Its an early autumn afternoon and the sun is shining as the wind directs leaves to blow against my windows, making a crackling noise before they fall back to the ground. I am sipping spicy Indian chai with a splash of milk and the apartment smells like fudge brownies. I made them for this evening - the Prince is cooking dinner for us and I decided to bring something sweet to eat as we dine in and watch the Giants go for another win. Ironically, I am listening to "Spring Dance" by Ravi Shankar even though it is the quintessential fall day. I am making a list of cupcakes to order from Crumbs bakery in the city since we are celebrating Halloween once again this year with Jack (who shall be Thomas the Tank Engine). I just called Bistro 33 to make dinner reservations for next week to celebrate the engagement of my cousin and her fiance; it is quite an exciting time and they shall marry in one year at the end of October. I think a fall wedding is perfect, and I wonder if the Prince and I will marry during the fall season one day at Onteora. I am slightly anxious to hear back from my cousin, Amy, who was married this past July, and gave birth to a daughter two days ago. The baby was premature and is 3 pounds, 7 ounces. I am sure she is in great care and will be just fine, but I do wish I was in San Francisco right now giving support to my cousin. She is being very positive, so I shall do the same and try not to worry. So, I will sip some more tea and distract myself for a bit with some cooking shows on PBS...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLZ-zW9Ti4 (George Harrison's sitar lesson with Ravi Shankar)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Mc said...

Hey Amester! We have an almost fallw eeding planned. :) Next labor Day weekend....been so busy planning. Glad to see you are doing well. Surviving the Wall Street turmoil?

3:47 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

have fun with your prince tonight!
and i know you will have a blast with jack on halloween. i do wish your cousin and her baby all the best.

4:56 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

man are you guys pudgy yet? all that eating and laying around...grrherhahaha. sounds great. hope the baby is okay.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

There is nothing like hot chai tea on a windy fall day...

I've missed reading your blog, Amy, but I'm back! Can't wait to get caught up with all that is you! :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Fudge brownies. Ah.
I hope your cousin's wee one is okay. Enjoy your tea.
And George Harrison was wonderful, wasn't he?

1:07 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I love reading your going-ons..can't wait to hear your wedding bell rings. Happy halloween!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

My close friend had a preemie baby almost two years ago and her daugther is a spit-fire! She only weighs like...20 pounds....haha...but she's strong and healthy. I wish the same for your friend. =-)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home