Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, October 11, 2008

"What a great place it was for one lonely little dame..." ~ Jane Eyre


Moi posted her results on Bite the Apple the other day, and I am so thankful to her for sharing this Brassy Broad Test. I took it this morning, and here are the results were not surprising. Robin and I grew up loving The Thin Man movies.

Your result for The Classic Dames Test ...
Myrna Loy
You scored 29% grit, 29% wit, 24% flair, and 36% class!

You are class itself, the calm, confident "perfect woman." Men turn and look at you admiringly as you walk down the street, and even your rivals have a grudging respect for you. You always know the right thing to say, do and, of course, wear. You can take charge of a situation when things get out of hand, and you're a great help to your partner even if they don't immediately see or know it. You are one classy dame. Your screen partners include William Powell and Cary Grant, you little simmerpot, you.


There is a Classic Leading Man Test as well...I think my Prince would fall somewhere in between Clark Gable and Gregory Peck.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger vintagebird said...

I love Myrna! My results were Carole Lombard. I don't think I've actually seen any of her movies. I guess I better start researching!

11:39 AM  
Blogger moi said...

I definitely envision you as Myrna Loy! Perfect. But, was she a brunette :o)?

3:35 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

i absolutely love the thin man movies.
and it's in those movies that i learned to love myrna loy.
i am not surprised at all that she came up as your match.
i think i'll go take the test too.

7:04 AM  
Blogger ..................... said...

well, if i were a guy i'd be
Jimmy Stewart
;)

7:40 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Shannon - She is amazing....I hope you googled her. She was Clark Gable's wife. She died during WWII in a plane crash during a USO campaign to sell war bonds. He was in major grief and left Hollywood to go fight for the USA...a tribute to her but also in anger that, in a sense, the enemies of our nation at that time killed her. Its a sad story, because they fought so hard to be together to begin with. It gets me teary.

Moi ~ Well, she was certainly a brunette as Mrs. Nora Charles!


(.....) ~ I love every element to those movies...especially the first one when good old Jimmy Stewart is...THE VILLAIN!

11:06 AM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

as a dame i'd be carole lombard, btw ..

7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a good lady to be. :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

I've done the male version. I wonder what I would be like if I were a girl- Probably Dolly Parton or something.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I was Kathrine Hepburn. Which, is AWESOME. A classy woman with spunk. How can you not love that?!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

My result was Katharine Hepburn, and I could not be more THRILLED :]:]:]

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home