Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, September 21, 2008

"The Sunday evening was spent in repeating..." ~ Jane Eyre

Sunday nights have gotten harder and harder. Its not that I dont want to go to work, because I do. I haven't had the Sunday night blues since I stopped teaching, but lately I realize that Sunday night blues sometimes don't really have anything to do with work. Honestly, I am blue tonight because there is nothing I want more than to be in bed with the Prince as he watches Sunday night football and I fall gently asleep with my head resting on his chest. (Unless of course the Giants were playing in which case I would be wide awake, screaming at Eli as if he could hear me coaching him, and making cups of coffee laced with some Frangelico so the Prince and I could stay awake to watch the Giants completely decimate the opposing team.) Alas, I am off to bed alone, feeling a tad blue, but not entirely sad because I am so happy to love someone so special whose absence makes me blue on a Sunday night...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger NYD said...

Hard to feel happy when your not with the person that makes the world turn for you.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I absolutely understand that feeling. 100%

8:51 PM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

I feel you... I have been so clingy to my husband lately. It comes in phases.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

Oh do i feel your blues...i feel the same way come sunday night at 9pm...i cannot wait for the day when i never have to leave him on a Sunday eve.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I recognize this feeling, too.
I also remember well the Sunday night blues of childhood, when school loomed before me the next morning! I like being an adult so much better!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

It's still like that for my husband and I, and we've been with each other for 15 years.

8:14 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Love makes us helplessly clingy..

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home