Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"His figure was enveloped in a riding cloak, fur collared and steel clasped..." ~ Jane Eyre

As I stood on the train platform this morning admiring the sunrise, the dreaded words came over the loudspeaker at the station. I would rather face a dragon than hear that the train was going to be late...very late...on my second day of work. If it were any other day I would have called, but not today. Its bad enough the market has had dragons breathing fire on it since yesterday morning...I needed to get to work on time. I felt horrid knowing it was so early in the morning and the Prince would surely still be sleeping, but as a damsel in complete distress, I dialed his cell phone. Thankfully he picked up, and within ten minutes my knight-in-shining armor arrived and whisked me away to the train station on the next branch line, just making the targeted train, and I got to work on time. I cannot express how grateful I was this morning to have him there. Seeing him that early really made a difference for me, and I do wish sometimes I was kissing him goodbye each morning before work. I still felt bad that I had to wake him, but I feel good knowing that we are always there for each other no matter what. Even his presence calms me, and I found myself caring more about my fingers playing with his hair as he drove than making the train as we drove down the main road. He is my knight-in-shining-armor, but I am glad he wasn't wearing a helmet this morning! As for this princess...well...sometimes days like this made me wish I was so I could stay up in my tower and sleep-in late with the Prince and then wake up together listening to alternative fife music as we drank mead, played chess, and discussed how the barter system wasn't following all of the King's compliance laws lately...and then go back into bed!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

Has your new job been really tough with the recent goings on?

And how CUTE! Reading about this prince gives me butterflies, haha.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

It's always nice to know someone has our back, isn't it?

I'm very glad to know your new job is secure and that you're enjoying.

I look forward to more posts.

4:54 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Turtle - lol he still gives me butterflies as well and its been seven months (though I have known him for three years!). Indeed, this week is hell for me. My poor managers and those training me are so stressed out and its tough...but at least things can only get better not worse!

AB - Oh it is...I was so grateful he was there yesterday morning! He has been such a good support system...I cant ask for a better man. :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

It's so funny that you used that phrase - "things can only get better."

Moments ago I was writing an email and used it in the EXACT same context. What is that they say about great minds?... :P

9:01 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

How is it possible for you to concentrate on work?

I would definitely be distracted to the point where my productivity was almost nil.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

He sure is a prince!!!!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Baby doll, Aunty is quite certain yore Prince would come from afar jes' to hear you call him yore Knight in Shinnin' Armor! Menfolks love that. They's genetically programmed fer being heroic, jes' many has fergot how--we ladies gotta hep 'em onc't in while.

Whar's ya been--I need yore literary prowess on the Front Porch (see comment by SophieMae).

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so you started a new job! How did you decide to give up education altogether and switch to the financial world? I can't wait to read how you're experiencing that shift.

Good luck!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Every girl needs a Knight like that! =-)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Being a Princess does have it's perks...:) Having a Prince to go along with it makes it soooo much better, too.
xoxo
Christie

9:04 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

hope you survived the week!!!!!!!!

11:55 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

It's good that we always know we have half of us somewhere..always there for us. The days when he'll always be next to you when you wake up every morning will arrive..

5:41 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

... always good to have a knight in shining armour!
may you wear your "armore" close to you to ride the storm.

6:34 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

ahhhhh..
that's very sweet.
my beloved mate of 25 years did and still does the same type of thing .. :)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home