Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"But it must be ready the moment we return..." ~ Jane Eyre

I smiled when I looked at the cover of my
New Yorker yesterday evening when I returned home. The date of the issue is September 15th - the day I start my new job in the city - and the title of the cover is "New York Moment."

As a young woman, I always daydreamed about a New York City romance, and in a few short months it becomes a reality when the Prince returns for his final year in an LLM program. As hectic and busy as our schedules will be both professionally and socially, I am looking forward to the moments where we get to steal some time and meet after class and work in Greenwich Village - whether it is for naninis at the Indian Bread Company (oh how I crave those again) or chocolate martinis at the Fat Black Pussycat (something the Prince introduced me to a few months ago there). I want us to also have drinks at one of my favorite bars that will now be a few minutes away from my building, Meade's Gastropub, and I want to do a power dinner with my Esquire at
Delmonico's one evening. I know we are going to make this it an Isle of joy as much as we possibly can, just as Ella sings it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCxkUPZ4ZhI

Though for now, dear readers, we are off to the country. The Prince, in all of his goodness that I am thankful for, is taking me away tomorrow to a country Inn in Connecticut as a getaway for us to relax before I begin my new professional life on Wall Street. Our plans for the next three days include nothing more than ordering room service, wearing big, fluffy bathrobes, drinking lots of Prosecco, and venturing to a local museum or two.

Until then, dear readers, have a lovely few days and remember to live each moment passionately and make it a charmed life...

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to have a fun life from now on!

12:22 PM  
Blogger moi said...

Ooooo, have oodles of fun and tell us all about it when you get back!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Congrats on the new job! Very exciting and I wish you the best of luck!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! Ella!
Congrats on the excitement, new prospects, new beginnings, yet a return to home of sorts. NY is an exciting place. May love continue to bloom.
Have a wonderful getaway! Sounds heavenly!
I wish you and Prince Charming a very happy story book life!
HUGS

2:02 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

It's really cool to see the someone else moving forward and getting their happiness together.

Have a fabulously exclusive weekend.
I, myself, love being selfish with my wife.

12:12 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Oh you crazy lovebirds you two..you're making me jealous! Have fun!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

Thank you for the thoughts on the hurricane.

I still dream of New York. I truly cannot believe I haven't been. I love Ella and the song and your story! I'm so glad NY turned out to meet your expectations :]

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home