Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

"The pattering rain on the forest leaves was the only sound audible..." Jane Eyre

He texts me to ask what train I am on, and I tell him the time. He then asks if he can pick me up at his station, the one right before mine. His explanation is "so you do not have to walk in the rain."

So there I am, on a commuter train sitting in a window seat with the book I am currently reading, The Life of Pi, open, and I read this text message. All of a sudden I instinctively turn to the window and repress my tears. The rain drops falling slowly down the window pane of the train reflect my inner thoughts. The urge to cry tears of joy is also mixed in with a pleasurable frustration at the situation.

I want to text him: Baby, since the day we became one, I never walk in the rain anymore.

But I don't.

He knows that already...so I wipe the few tears away from my eyes and smile a smile that grows wider and wider until I reach the passenger seat of the car. At that moment, the smile folds my lips into the shape I most love - the shape of my lips on his.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful..

8:49 AM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

:)
that's so beautifully written ..

7:28 AM  
Blogger NYD said...

I am envious. Try not to forget those moments. It would be such a shame.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home