Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, December 01, 2005


"Stubborn?" he said. ~ Jane Eyre

It seem that in order to be considered a true "blogger," one must write a completely narcissistic entry. I am one to always be true, so here you go...

100 Things About Me.

1. My twin sister and I are 5 minutes apart; I was born first. Whether I was kicked out or I was pushing my way out depends on which sister you ask.

2. Anytime Sarah and I are on vacation together, people assume we are sisters or twins.

3. As a child, my favorite author was Dr. Seuss. I can still recite How the Grinch Stole Christmas perfectly. Ironically, as an adult I am not a big fan of Gertrude Stein.

4. Joey DiCapua proposed to me in my backyard in East Williston. He was 7 years old and I was 5 years old. There was no ring, but he did get down on his knee. Yes, I said yes.

5. My hair is naturally curly and naturally brunette. I have a love/hate relationship with my curls, but not my coloring. I love being a brunette and am the anti-blonde. I own a tee-shirt from Urban Outfitters that quips, "Brunettes Have More Fun."

6. I am an exceptional cook. My favorite dish to make is my Bolognese sauce on a cold Sunday in the wintertime.

7. I love my job as an English teacher, but I hate going to monthly faculty meetings. My colleagues love to hear themselves talk. One day I want to stand up and shout like Romeo does to Mercutio and say to them: "Thou talkst of nothing!" Sadly, some of my colleagues don't have a life and don't realize I have better things to do than listen to them gripe about kids not having hallway passes.

8. I am a chocoholic, but there is chocolate I do not like. I don't like any white chocolate, Lindt chocolates, or any chocolate with almonds.

9. I was "Tzeitel" in Fiddler on the Roof during senior year of high school and, subsequently, I have had a three Jewish Weddings.

10. I think Harry Potter is hot.

11. I still get mistaken for a student by the hallway monitors in my building. I have been teaching for six years. Even yesterday, security yelled at me to get out of the hallway.

12. I love watching South Park; Cartman is my favorite character and my favorite episode is the "Tooth Fairy" episode.

13. Theodore Roosevelt is my favorite president. Bully!

14. I love wine. My favorite white is chardonnay and my favorite red is cabernet. Sometimes I will have rose in the summer months.

15. Sarah and I keep a food diary of our restaurant adventures. Our first entry was New Green Bo in Chinatown many years ago, and our latest is Almondito from this past August in the Hamptons.

16. Carrie Bradshaw was my favorite of the foursome on Sex and the City.

17. When the Wonder Years was on, my mother and I watched it together each week; it was a ritual, just like taking walks after dinner. Just the two of us.

18. I love doggies. Cleo, Ed's rottie, will always be my favorite pup. I really want a male British Bulldog named "Watson."

19. I hate cats. Any creature that defecates in the house and leaves it there to sit just skeeves me out.

20. I love smelly candles from Yankee Candle, especially the summer scents like mango and coconut.

21. I was a young dancer in The Nutcracker for 4 years. I danced the role of an Angel, a Soldier, and a Gingerbread child.

22. Boston would be my second favorite city after New York if only the Red Sux were not there. Hence, my second favorite city is Las Vegas.

23. I am a die hard Yankee fan and Giants fan and am into sports as much as a frat boy is. The only difference between me and a frat boy when we watch a game is I lust after the players.

24. I own a Jeremy Shockey jersey (#80).

25. I like horseback riding.

26. Shakespeare rocks my world.

27. I saw Frank Sinatra in concert when I was 12 years old with my Grandmother.

28. I love shopping with my sister, Missy.

29. I have never been able to lift any free-weight heavier than 8 pounds at the gym.

30. Last year I trimmed my Christmas tree all by myself for the first time in my life, and I loved each moment of it.

31. In the second grade, Tamara and I built our own diorama of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory made out of candy.

32. I am adamant about getting a manicure once a week and pedicure every two weeks.

33. I drink Glaceau Smartwater.

34. I miss the Joanne's Gourmet Pizza (honey mustard chicken slices) and movie nights with Cassie.


35. I have eaten in the Cadet Mess Hall at West Point (thanks to David R., who was a cadet at the time).

36. My eyes are hazel.

37. I like singing along with Barry White anytime I hear one of his songs.

38. If I could have lunch with anyone tomorrow, it would be Martha Stewart.

39. The best sleep I ever had was when Robin and I stayed at the Royal Horseguards Hotel in London. The bed was feathered down, and I fell asleep and woke to the sound of Big Ben.

40. I get my stubborn streak from my Grandpa Krikor.

41. My bedroom has Egyptian accents such as prints of Pharoahs and, ironically, cat statuettes.

42. I get excited when I go shop at Target.

43. One day I would like to drive a Porsche Boxter.

44. I have really long eyelashes; you know, the kind that hits sunglasses.

45. I have spent all day at the beach and left only because it got dark.

46. I think lingerie is beautiful and I like wearing it, especially pink satin.

47. I dream in color.

48. I love the smell of the Armenian Church.

49. I have become great at parallel parking in the city.

50. My favorite beers are in this order preference: Hoagarten, Purple Haze, Lindemann's Framboise.

51. I once had a dress made for a Halloween costume: I was Rose from Titanic my junior year at Hofstra.

52. I think the movie Braveheart is among the worst movies ever made.

53. I played the cello for eight years. My favorite piece to play was Beethoven's 9th Symphony because the cello section got the beautiful melody.

54. I have tons of salad dressing bottles in my fridge, but I don't like eating salad.

55. Tic-tacs are my favorite mint.

56. My hands are quite small.

57. My pet peeves involving grammar are when a person says "I'm good" when it should be "I am well" and when my students ask "Can I go to the bathroom" when they really should state, "May I go to the bathroom?"

58. I have no shame in correcting a person's grammar and do so often.

59. I think dried roses are beautiful.

60. I must have written Sarah at least 200 notes during junior and senior year of high school.

62. I believe in using a charcoal BBQ; gas is cheating and it just doesn't taste the same.

63. The first video I saw on MTV was Sting's "All This Time" when we got cable tv in the house when I was a freshman in high school.

64. My upper left ear is pierced.

65. I can't stand reading novels that don't have women in them. It is unrealistic and annoying. Got that, Melville?

66. I admire Jackie O. and Oprah Winfrey.

67. I spent almost a grand on Missy's baby shower cake from Sylvia Weinstock without any regrets.

68. I was given a backstage tour of the Les Miz theatre by the actor who played "Marius" at the time, Craig Rubano, who still remembers me to this day as his groupie.

69. As a child, I had an ant farm and sea monkeys.

70. John coaxed me to watch Clint Eastwood's movie "High Plains Drifter." I didn't want to like it, I shouldn't like it, but I really like it.

71. I think Fred Astaire is a better tap dancer than Gene Kelly.

72. I love taking really long and really hot showers.

73. I refuse to try on clothes at Lohmann's. The communal changing room is not my style.

74. I once watched the 6 hour BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice" twice in one weekend without any fast-forwarding.

75. My idea of the perfect couple is Han Solo and Leia Skywalker; two very strong, very independent, and very witty people.

76. I don't own anything plaid and I don't think I ever will.

77. The perfume I wear is Coco Chanel.

78. I wear my great-Aunt Nevart's engagement ring, circa 1938.

79. As a child, we had a pool in the backyard and I would float for hours, daydreaming that I was a Mermaid.

80. I ruined the family vacation to Washington DC when I was 7; I got an ear infection and ended up in the ER the night we got there; we went home the next morning.

81. I get woozy when I look at snakes.

82. I loved dinosaurs as a child and can name at least 10 types off the top of my head.

83. I drink my coffee at home out of a Shakespearean insult mug that Cassie got for me.

84. Hosting parties is one of my favorite things to do.

85. I own two Betsey Johnson dresses and loved my experience trying them on and purchasing them in Soho.

86. I like to sit in the sun and tan.

87. I have a thing for men who wear glasses.

88. My proudest moment as an artist was directing Dracula.

89. I have become addicted to the Pita Chips at Trader Joe's, hence I don't buy them anymore.

90. I still don't have Easypass.

91. I don't like horror movies and can't count the ones I have seen on my fingers.

92. I prefer to ski by myself.

93. I love handbags and change them often. However, the handbag I use now I am in love with and want to wear it forever. Its a rose colored leather by Kenneth Cole.

94. I love fishing.

95. My sister and I were the only two girls on our little league team.

96. I am a patient person in all aspects of my life except for men with issues; I lose my patience fairly quickly.

97. I hate olives; eating one sends a chill down my spine.

98. I already know what diamond engagement ring I want: a cushion cut with diamond channel setting.

99. I love weekend getaways.

100. I think the fact that Jane Eyre is twenty years younger than Rochester and they are having a love affair is very sexy and erotic.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home