Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, November 24, 2005


"We feasted that evening as if on nectar and ambrosia..." ~ Jane Eyre

This Thanksgiving was perfect. Here are a few of my favorite moments...

1. Baby Jack greeting me in his plaid Polo shirt and pants with scottish terriers on them. It was great to wish him his first Happy Thanksgiving!
2. Seeing John come through the door and sitting next to him at the dinner table. My family now adores him, he now adores my family, and I adore him so very much. I am grateful for our friendship.
3. Having a quiet moment at the end of the evening with my two sisters. We are a powerhouse, and I love us as a unit. They are both amazing women.
4. Serving the food I prepared to everyone I love. I was pleased with how all of the dishes came out.
5. Singing "Bushel and a Peck" with Grandma to Jack.
6. Seeing Sarah when she stopped by to meet Jack for a bit. She even bought Jack a toy: A jack in the box!
7. Watching my mother hold her grandson with such delight; she was thrilled that he got her a birthday present today - a nice facial at Nordstrom as a thank you for all the care she gives him.
8. Eating my sister's pumpkin pie. Mmmm.
9. Sipping a great cabernet that John brought as I finished cooking; as Moo said today, you cannot cook without consuming wine!
10. Knowing that we will all be back together in a month for Christmas!
11. Taking a quiet moment to remember my grandparents who are not with me. I miss them so deeply; that will never dissipate. I know they were there in spirit.
12. Making soorj for Armand, Anta, and Ed. I think that my foam on top has gotten perfect.

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home