Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006


"What do you want?" I asked ~ Jane Eyre

I have everything I need this morning, and every morning for that matter.

On this rainy Sunday morning, I was thinking about things that I want. Not the wants associated with my goals in life, because those wants are what I need to have a great life, but the wants that are deliciously impractical or not conducive to my life at the moment.

There are very few places that are acceptable to be a glutton in, and a blog post is one of them. The only other two places I can think of are Magnolia Bakery and Target.

For a half hour it may be fun to be a daydream believer (that song has been stuck in my head all weekend), so here is my list of wants.

I want Bruce Springsteen to do a private concert for me and Lizzy.

I want a 6 quart Kitchenaid mixer in red.

I want to throw a big tea party for all of my girlfriends and insist they dress in garden party attire (that means hats, ladies).

I want to own a Chanel suit.

I want my wedding reception in the European Sculpture Garden at the MET.

I want a beer named after me.

I want a fireplace.

I want an English Bulldog (I would name him Watson).

I want oriental rugs covering my entire apartment.

I want to own a private beach.

I want my apartment filled with lavender.

I want to have breakfast at Norma's every Saturday morning.

I want Thanksgiving leftovers every Sunday night for dinner.

I want to be a contestant on Project Runway and befriend Santino.

I want to have dinner with George Clooney. (D.R., I don't want to hear it! Have I said anything against that dumb blond you love? Anna Kournikova?)

I want to see my sister, Robin, as a character on General Hospital who gets to play Sonny's love interest. (I think this is her want, but I want what my sisters want!)

I want gasoline to be a penny a gallon.

I want to visit the Hershey Spa four times a year; once each season.

I want to spend a month in Italy in a small town in Tuscany, hiring the Italian Nonnas to each me how to cook northern Italian cuisine.

I want to bitchslap Rachel Ray.

I want another Burberry Coat.

I want Jack to never feel pain in his life.

I want my parents to live forever.

I want to guest star on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and do a scene with Larry David.

I want New Orleans to be just as it was when I visited there.

I want a garden.

I want a clawfoot tub.

I want season tickets to Yankee Games in a box next to Steinnie.

I want a house in the Hamptons with a winery for a backyard.

I want to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches every day for lunch.

I want to become a ballerina as my second career and dance the lead in Swan Lake.

I want to write op-ed pieces for the New York Times.

I want to see the Pyramids in Egypt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Mc said...

you forgot to add running away with me for a week. :)

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, are you C-Mac's girlfriend or what? You two sure seem cozy.

10:32 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Charlie,
I *want* to go to Napa Valley, Santa Fe, or Scottsdale for a week!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home