Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Friday, June 30, 2006


"How people feel when they are returning home from an absence, long or short, I did not know: I had never experienced the sensation." ~ Jane Eyre

This morning I left delicious key limes and arrived home to a sweet big apple.

I am not sad that my vacation is over. I am smiling because it happened.

Highlights from the trip include drinking Key West Sunset Ale at Sloppy Joe's as my dad drank margaritas, seeing part of a coral reef in a glass bottom boat ride and having a baracuda approach my window, taking photos of my papa in Papa H's writing room, catching butterflies in the butterfly conservatory, and sitting in the same bench that poet Robert Frost loved to sit in, located in front of his cottage.

The photos I took shall help me give much more detail, in future posts, in describing the wonderful trip with my "papa" to Papa Hemingway's old stomping ground.

In the meantime, it is nice to be home in my fish-patterned pajama bottoms from Old Navy, drinking a Blue Moon, catching up on emails and blogs, and cheering my Yankees as they play the Mets tonight in a subway series.

15 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Welcome Home!!!! I missed you!

Enjoy your baseball tonight and your comfy jammies!

Thinking of you babe.
xoxo
C

8:22 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

WELCOME BACK, THURSDAY!
I missed you. Hope u had a great vacation. Please don't leave for so long again. This forces me to correspond with 'other' bloggers, who just do not compare. It's been a rough week. (haha, I tease. But really, you are cool beyond words, so welcome back.)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

So glad you're back. Sounds like your vacation was simply wonderful. And vacationing with your father, I LOVE that, good for both of you.

I do understand and relate to that feeling of coming home again; I experience in every time I vacation. It's nice to have someplace you call home, that envelopes you in its warmth everytime you return.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Glad you had a good time! I love Key West and Papa H's house is beautiful. I love the Banyan trees that are on the grounds. Did they say how many cats are still at the house?

2:24 AM  
Blogger David said...

I'm glad you had a good vacation... I'm also glad you're back. No matter what the subject is, the world becomes a nicer place when you write about it. :)

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always nice to go on vacation.

8:30 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

TG ~ Its nice to be home! I just opened a new bag of coffee and thought of you as I inhaled. ;)

Marty ~ Aw, thanks my dear! I missed your awesome lists and your coolness!

WIP ~ Indeed, the warmth was so nice to come home to. Of course my father and I booked it to see Jack yesterday afternoon...giggle...we were excited about his souvinears! One was a big onesie from Margaritaville that was a big cheeseburger in paradise on it!

Vixen ~ Ooooo! Yes the Banyon trees were amazing; we saw some other amazing tropical plants and trees at the Heritage House. Hem's cats are still EVERYWHERE! It was so cute how they napped in every corner and nook! A new book just came out about Hem and his cats; I am not sure how many are there now, but I saw at least 8 or 10!

David ~ You make me blush. :) There were manatee images everywhere we turned, so I really didnt miss you. Haha.

Celestino ~ Oh, indeed!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kate Croft said...

welcome home! how was the key lime pie?

11:31 AM  
Blogger David said...

Ah, my manatee minions are indeed everywhere. Just...like...I...planned.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Welcome back! You sound like you had an amazing time...

9:01 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

I am glad you are glad you went.
I am trying to figure how to get another glad in there.

Welcome back

5:17 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Are you a Hemingway fan?

12:23 PM  
Blogger xoxoalk said...

I'm really glad you had fun, but clearly you drank too much and killed too many brain cells if you were rooting for the Yankees over the Mets. SHEESH!

2:37 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Madfoot
Hmmm. I believe the score last night was 16-7 YANKEES! I think the Mets brain cells were not working as a whole last night! :)
xoxo
Two

2:56 PM  
Blogger xoxoalk said...

Ah, you Yankees fans -- so typical. You only care about winning. A true fan loves all facets of their team rather than focusing only on the bling of scorecard.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home