Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"But an embrace and a kiss..." ~ Jane Eyre

Dear Bloggers of the World,

I, Jack Krikor, age 11 months and 2.5 weeks, am back in another shameless display of my cuteness thanks to my fellow curlytopper, Aunty Amy!

My big, fat Armenian family has taught me the word for "kiss" in Armenian. Because I am one smart cookiepie, each time I hear the word "bachik" and my aunty puts her cheek to my face, I give her a big kiss. Since I am not yet one year of age, I don't truly know how to pucker up, so although it may look like I am eating my aunty's cheek, rest assured she is the one always wanting to nibble on my cute and chubby personage.

My first birthday party is in two weeks, and mommy and daddy made the theme Baby Einstein! Aunty Amy thinks I could be Baby Einstein, but I just humor her. I get the feeling now that I am one year old, she is going to insist I view Baby Shakespeare at least once a week. I am excited for my birthday party because all of my dear family and friends who love me so much will be there. My Mommy and Daddy are even having a puppet show for me with all of the Baby Einstein characters! In addition to my dragon cake, my Aunty Jilly is making cupcakes for all of us little cuties there who are under the age of 6 years old.

Well bloggers, today Mommy and Aunty Amy are taking me to the beach for the very first time! Aunty Amy is very excited. I am sure she is going to show me all around the shore and build a sand castle with me. I hope she enjoys this time now, because when I am a little older I am going to bury her in the sand, dump water on her via a sand bucket, and throw seaweed on her head. :)

During the day, I have no doubt that my Halloween costume shall be discussed. We can't decide, bloggers of the world, on what will make me extra cute that day, if there is such a thing as making me extra cute. So will you help us? Please vote for one of the following:

1) A Little Pirate (because I am a Captain Jack Sparrow)
2) A Little Monkey (well, I am also quite a monkey; my mattress was recently lowered down at my crib because of my climbing capabilities)
3) A Little Dragon (my favorite Baby Einstein character)

Thank you for your assistance, bloggers of the world! I send "bachiks" to all of you!

With a Shrilly Scream (I took out one of Aunty Amy's eardrums the other day),
Jack Krikor

19 Comments:

Blogger Ryane said...

Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up: Thursday Next, that is quite possibly the sweetest, cutest picture I have EVER seen. Your nephew is an angel!!

I vote for Baby Dragon for one primary reason:
1. Dragons rock

and clearly--that boy has moxie!
=-)

9:21 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

grrrrrrrl, thats as charming as it gets. i love nephews and nieces...you hsow em a good time, and hand em over to mama when they wet. grrherherhaha

i vote monkey.

/grrrrrrr

9:32 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Dragons, dearest.

D-r-a-g-o-n-s!~

;)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

This one's easy:

Captain Jack-DEFINITELY

I can already see him in the costume. See it? Yeah, I told you so.

10:28 AM  
Blogger afromabq said...

oooohhh, that baby boy has got you soooo tied around his finger, but seeing a picture like that, explains exactly why he does! HE's A DOLL!! thanks for sharing. and i think capt. jack would be the perfect costume for that curly brown beautiful haired boy!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Ahh!!!Amy!!! That is the cutest picture ever. I hope you have it blown up and framed. What two beautiful people!! What an adorable post. Aren't those kisses the best?!!!

I love all three choices, but I am a sucker for a little monkey so I am going to have to go with that.

Too cute! both of you! xoxo

11:04 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Ryane ~ I think Dragons rock, too, and I am pretty sure his birthday cake will have a dragon on it! :)

Rottiepooch ~ I had a feeling you would vote monkey, puppy!

Marty ~ He used to have this cute set of footsie PJ's that had knights and dragons on it; so cute.

WIP ~ I wonder if he would be patient enough with his Aunty Amy if she even went so far as to stick the patch over his eye? ;)

Kels ~ We are now tied! Two Dragon votes, two Monkey votes, and one Captain Jack vote! :) I am definitely framing the photo! Years from now when he is a pain in the bootie as a teenager, I can look back on these days and laugh!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Seskel said...

I have to vote pirate after envisioning the boy with a little eyepatch, pirate hat, and faux stubble.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh, I love, love, love those big fat baby kisses that slobber all over you!! :)
I vote for the dragon costume, with the pirate being #2.

2:02 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Seskel ~ I didnt even think of the stubble part; ooooo that could be fun! :)

Steph ~ Baby kisses are the best, indeed! I am leaning towards Dragon myself...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Carol (a.k.a. Lady Wordsmith) said...

Now I finally have an image of a 'cheeky monkey' that is pure cuteness and adorability instead of the usable minx. I vote for monkey, but however Little Jack is dressed, he's sure to steal the show!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

God Bless Baby Einstein! Oh yeah baby...it can last many years! Even though we're out of the B.E. years, my husband and I swear it's a factor in my brain children..lol.

Anyhooo...thinking of you. I vote for the Dragon...oh and how did you know I needed the Sangria Recipe??!!!!
xoxo

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

How sweet the kiss-
Of Baby dew...
All his love,
Saved up for you~

Adoration~
Like none before...
Hundreds of "bachick's"-
Yet we need one more!

Betwixt heaven and earth-
I've found no greater bliss-
Than what lays at the heart
Of my nephew's kiss!!! :)

-Cora/Mayden's Voyage 8.16.06

I promise I just wrote that, and filled up with tears as I did!
Can I get an AMEN!!! :)

Lord have mercy- I could eat my little sweet nephews with a spoon!
I swear- the only thing sweeter will be your own kids- but there is a lot of wisdom in K9's words about about the joy of being an Aunt or Uncle! :)
I do adore my sisters children!
I LOVED that photo...thanks for sharing it :)
Precious!

10:12 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

adorable.

my son was the cutest jack sparrow last year, but he was 9. i'll vote jack sparrow, but monkey sounds awfully cute too.

oops, i need to be off to work. school has started back up in these here parts..

7:13 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

M'Lady ~ Indeed, he is a bit cheeky both literally and figuratively! :) Thank you kindly for your vote!

TG ~ Oh baby, after a move? Of course you need a sangria recipe! Its so good. I really hope that everyone tries it and reports back to me. I am making it again this Sunday for a BBQ!

Cora ~ I am all teary after reading that poem. You have the talent to put into words emotions that I have but am unable to put into words. Thank you for that lovely gift of a poem! I think kisses from Jack are, indeed, heaven here on earth.

Schaumi ~ You are one mommy with great taste in costumes! I am sure your son was adorable at Captain Jack! Oh lord, you have my empathy this morning as you are en route to work. Does it help if I tell you that I am doing prep work this morning?!?

9:15 AM  
Blogger ..................... said...

.....sort of.....:)

4:24 PM  
Blogger David said...

That is too cute, Amy! :) I'm voting for pirate monkey. I know that wasn't an option, but what's cooler than a pirate monkey? Nothing, that's what.

6:14 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

I hate that I am just now getting in on this!! Oh sweet Amy, aren't you just as pretty as a picture... and that little Jack, oh he is something else!!
Treasure these moments, b/c too soon he will be a "big boy" and not want to be hugged on anymore...

I vote for the dragon...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Okay - I must have missed this post until now. I apologize. Here is what I have to say.

That baby is GORGEOUS! You are one lucky aunty.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home