Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

"Well, for sure!" ~ Jane Eyre

Things I am Sure Of:

1) A charcoal grill is better than a gas grill.
2) At least 2/3 of my students are not doing their summer reading assignments right now.
3) William Shakespeare is the best writer to have ever lived.
4) My maid-of-honor dress for J. Sarah's wedding shall be green.
5) I have the best family and friends.
6) The Mets will not win the World Series this year and the Yankees may.
7) Dogs are a far more superior animal to cats.
8) Coffee is a basic neccesity to sustain life.
9) The amount of times Hillary Clinton has engaged in sexual intercourse in her lifetime could be counted on just one hand.
10) The best bagels in New York are at the Bagel Club in Bayside.
11) Rachel Ray is a complete moron.
12) If you have ice cream in a root beer float, it doesnt count as dessert. It counts as having a soft drink. Therefore, ice cream for dessert later on is acceptable.
13) Cilantro tastes like soap.
14) Any math besides basic math has absolutely no relevance in my life.
15) I will never try jellyfish salad, no matter how much of a delicacy it is in some regions of Asia.
16) There are other life forms out there in the universe, however I am also sure that we will not come into contact with any of these forms.
17) The fact that I pay $9 round trip when I drive into New York City is robbery by the MTA.
18) Golf is the most boring sport to watch, both live and on television.
19) Brunettes have more fun than blonds.
20) Diamonds are a girl's best friend; pearl's are a woman's best friend.
21) The new movie version being made of Kerouac's On the Road will not be as good as the book.
22) Sleeping with two pillows is better than sleeping with one.
23) I make excellent gnocci.
24) D.R. is my hero.
25) NPR is the best radio station for news.
26) The Turkish government and people will one day admit to the Armenian Genocide; the truth always prevails.
27) The Loch Ness Monster is real.
28) White Zinfindel is not wine.
29) I have at least four books overdue at the library right now. I usually have two at any given time, but in the summer the number increases.
30) The food diary J. Sarah and I have will be published one day.
31) I have an unhealthy relationship with my car (i.e. I refer to him as my baby).
32) My visit to the Hershey Hotel and Spa shall be yearly after this year's first visit.
33) Oswald acted alone when he assassinated JFK (saw a great documentary on the History Channel about this subject a few weeks ago).
34) I will not retire an English teacher.
35) I will go see Les Miz for the sixth time this fall when it comes back to Broadway.

20 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Miss Next:
Things I am sure of: You are one brilliant being!

3) Yes, indeed. I was thinking the exact same thought the other day. What Shakespeare did with words, no one in this planet's history will ever do.
7) I have to disagree on this one, mainly because my only child is a cat named Leia. She is more special to me than a lot of things (and people). And, I have an abnormal fear of dogs. I will seriously panic if I am near one.
8) No wonder I am having health issues! I gave up coffee. For good. Get off the floor, Thursday!
9) LMAO. Hilary...good luck, woman.
11) LMAO again! Bean likes Rachel Ray. But then, Bean likes anything related to cooking. But if you say she's a moron, I must take your word. ;)
13) Stop it; you're killing me! Cilantro=soap.
14) Amen! Math should be outlawed.
16) Absolutely there are other life forms. And no, sadly, we'll never know them. In this life.
19) I'm a natural brunette who dyes her hair blonde. Do I have fun or not?
20) Silver and Sapphires can kick Diamonds and Pearls' asses.
21) Movies are never as good as the book.
27) The Lochness Monster is real! YES! So is Yeti. I know him.
28) But Merlot is da bomb!
31) I have an unhealthy relationship with my TV. I call him 'my lover.'
33) No way Oswald acted alone! Actually, I don't get too far into that debate. But I believe there were many involved. And they probably produced that 'documentary' you saw.

Whew!
Thanks for giving me something to think about. I may steal this idea for a list of my own. Cause I am a shameless list-maker.

:)

9:48 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Marty ~ Any cat named after Princess Leia is perfectly excellent in my book, dahling.

9:57 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

PS ~ Rachel Ray refers to a spoon as a "spoonula." Need I say more? My worst nightmare would be drinking white zinfandel while having to sit through a meal prepared by her with tons of cilantro.

10:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

LMAO! Damn, I guess that Rachel Ray's Favorite Cilantro recipes book I got you for your birthday was an unwise purchase. Spoonula. Wow, that either sounds like a French model or a Godzilla villain.

D.R. = Damon Runyan?? David Rasche? Denise Richards? Doris Roberts?

2:37 AM  
Blogger David said...

p.s. Your post has inspired a tribute to your favorite television culinary personality on my blog. You've been warned.

4:42 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

David ~ I just came back from visiting your post on Ray-Ray. Still crying, and my gut hurts quite badly. The warning did your post NO justice. Copyright it, because that is the skit for Saturday Night Live! As for the cookbook, that was oh so thoughtful of you, but I must say that Masaharu Morimoto's yellowtail recipes are more my thang. Yum-oh! Ironically, Ray-Ray is on the cover of Good Housekeeping this month...perhaps promoting her new line of E.V.O.O.?

(On a much more serious note, D.R. is my friend serving in Iraq right now; he is one amazing person.)

5:22 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

brunettes definitely have more fun than blondes!!! Pearls are definitely superior to diamonds. White Zin. is def. not a real wine-- so, what am I supposed to do with the pink zinfindel that someone brought me on Saturday???

9:49 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

yep! #7 absolutely correct.
i cant stand rachel ray either. i prefer iron chef america. (if a cooking show must be watched) mostly i like the "plating" part.

who's DR?

another for sure:

Oj killed nicole. the akita told me.

/grr

12:08 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

I've just returned from an unexpected trip out of town (more on that later) so I'm playing blog catch-up. I missed out, this was a GREAT list. And, turn off the news for one night-eat chocolate, and drink chianti. These are mood enhancers that work for me when the depression takes over. Send my love to D.R. I have no doubt that he deserves it.

#5-I have to disagree. I do.

#8-Der.

#12-Throw them in a blender. Still a soft-drink. But AMAZING.

#23-Send me some and I'll let you know if it compares to my Gram's. (This is a shameless excuse to get gnocci, one of my favorite Italian dishes)

#28-NO KIDDING, some people actually think it IS!

xoxo
WiP

5:57 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Kels ~ Hmmm. I say donate it to college kids? :) heehee BG said the three of us need to get together and I agree. I call your place since you are close to the wineries, dahling! xoxo

Rottiepooch ~ I have a major crush on Iron Chef Morimoto. Drink apple juice because O.J. can kill you!

WIP ~ Somehow someday I shall make you gnocci, my dear. Glad that you had a vacation this week.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

I enjoyed this post- and loved the one before...it sent me into a tail spin of reading poetry- and longing to read it for hours more!

Have you read "The Weight of Glory" by CS Lewis? His points on the war are still relevant today...I'm going to pull the book out and send them to you! :)

I have friends and family who are in Iraq, or have been there...I admire them deeply. Enough so that when I seen a soldier (anywhere) I have to keep myself from running over to hug them! :)

Tonight I cooked Mahi-Mahi on the grill with a side salad of Butter lettuce, cucumbers, cauliflower and grape tomatoes...and purely thinking of your blog about eating alfresco...we ate out on the deck!

Lovely- thanks for the suggestion...it was quite nice and I said we owed the evening to you!
-Cora :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Cora ~ When can I come over for dinner?!? The meal you cooked sounded delicious. I am glad you are breathing in fresh air and are surrounded by your family after a difficult week. I am very interested to know more about this C.S. Lewis book...

10:19 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- I completely agree with most of your list, especially #7,#9,and of course #24 (he's a hero of mine too and of course RG as well!)....

But I have to disagree with you on the Golf thing... If you have ever watched the end of a Masters Tourney or any other major...it can be VERY exciting!!! You just have to know what to look for....

I agree, we need to get together over at kels place!!!! But then there is fab shopping in NYC..and some great honkey-tonkin around the corner from my place.. I think we have a lot to choose from!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

Cats - uh!! a scourge of the earth! Comparing dogs to cats is like comparing horses to clams.:P Some of the comments I have no clue!! he best part is you 'know' these things anyways.

As far as who has more fun...just depends

11:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great list!

You have a great knack for these!

And you totally took a fresh spin on it.

I love it.

Happy Tuesday, Amy!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Just let me know when! I'll line up the wineries and I have the room!!! It would be awesome. I mean, it is a good meeting point for the three of us.

3:39 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG and Kels ~ I think we need to meet this fall. Seriously. Lets chat via emails, ladies.

Barry ~ I love the analogy of horses and clams! You are brilliant, sir!

Heathaaah ~ Happy Twosday! I hope you are safe and comfy until the big moving day!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Oh my...I am laughing hysterically at your comments about Rachel Ray. I truly believe that I get dumber everytime she speaks. And PS: she doesn't cook. She assembles...

#8 is a truth that cannot be denied and #13? How nice to know someone other than me also thinks cilantro tastes like soap!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Oh yeah, and Loch Ness?? Having been there, I can only say that something for certain lives in those waters...

3:06 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Food diary?

I have become obsessed with tracking my food and exercise on the USDA website, my pyramid. Although it is a food diary, I bet yours is full of exotic facinating foods and mine is for tracking nutritional intake. Boring.

http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home