Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, December 29, 2007

"You will fly, too..." ~ Jane Eyre

This year felt like I was going high speed on subway car - the time flew and I cannot believe that next week I will be making mistakes on checks and office emails by writing 2007 instead of 2008. I liked that my good friend Charlie took the time to reflect on the year with his favorite moments on his blog, and I think I am going to borrow that concept and present it here with 29 of my favorite moments from 2007 since I turn 30 in 2008:

The Twenty-Nine Best Moments of 2007:

1) Typing my resignation letter and leaving the building I taught in for seven years for the very last time.
2) J. Sarah's wedding and all of the moments of preparation.
3) Meeting the beau on March 24th for the first time at Novita wine bar.
4) Any and every moment I have spent with Jack; each time he hugs and kisses me, I always get teary when I get a hug or kiss.
5) Fishing with the beau and eating crabs caught in a pot thrown into the canal of his parents' backyard on the Great South Bay of Long Island.
6) D.R. graduating Ranger School.
7) Meeting all of my new girlfriends at work: they are fun, sassy, and have already shown a lot of loyalty.
8) Staying with Cassie at her house in Carmel for a few days in October.
9) My Tiki Party in the summer and setting one of the tables on fire with defective citronella candles.
10) T.R. bar nights with my crew from Summer Rec.
11) Seeing Bruce Springsteen live at MSG.
12) Day trips to Brooklyn with the beau, such as going to Smith Street and drinking all night or visiting the MTA Transit Museum. (see photo above)
13) Sister dinners with Missy and Robin that are lovingly crashed by my brother-in-law.
14) The Fourth of July party at the beach with the beau and his family.
15) Happy Hour Fridays with my new colleagues at The Peddler.
16) Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway with my mommy, my sisters, and my grandma.
17) Registering for my first Library Science class.
18) Summer Sunday afternoons at Meades Gastropub.
19) My visit to Lime's in Virginia back in October for a weekend and her teaching me how to make earrings.
20) Dressing up as Captain Hook when Jack was Peter Pan for Halloween. (Robin was Tinkerbell and together we equaled two crazy aunts)
21) St. Patrick's Day in Long Beach with Charlie and having fun for the entire day with random strangers.
22) Going away to Gettysburg with the beau and being on the battlefield itself.
23) All the Jewish holidays with J. Sarah and her family.
24) Getting my huge desk at work and fixing it up nicely.
25) My new boss calling me in to his office for "important" matters for an hour: checking NFL scores and fantasy football league standings.
26) Cooking dinners for friends and family.
27) Jackson Heights food crawls that included UFC: Korean fried chicken.
28) The Caribbean-style BBQ I had with Moo this summer and all the cooking we did together after our hike at Sands Point.
29) Wine tasting with Robin on the North Fork - we both played hooky from work and just went out to enjoy ourselves.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

truly 29 memories to treasure..
and i'm sure if you hadn't decided to stop at 29 you could have counted more. one of my memories for this upcoming year needs to be to walk away from my 3 schools too.

8:15 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

What a wonderful year you had! I can feel you're excited to enter the thirties..he he..welcome to the club..oops..sorry I forgot I'm 25!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

that's quite a list! :) All the best in 2008!!!! I took it a step further....I did a top 10 songs of 2007 blog! :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Foam~ Indeed, I could have gone a bit more...2007 was a bit rough around the edges, but it was great. I hope you find the strength to walk away...xoxo

HLiza ~ Ahhhh 25! I am actually very happy to be turning 30...twenties were a bit turbulent overall. How lucky you are to be so young and blessed with your *gorgeous* children.

CMAC ~ Love the song list! Alicia and Bruce could be down a bit more, but your number one is *perfect* Cheers to your 2008!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thursday,
What a wonderful year 2007 has been for you! May the new year be at least as great!

Wishing you a very healthy, happy and inspiring 2008.

Yours,
Frumteacher

PS. I am really glad you're back in the 'sphere' after the break you took from blogging. Your blog is really inspiring.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Amy-
Lovely- as always :)
I have a big roll top desk that was given to me for my 25th b-day- and I love it dearly, but it needs to be organized.
When I face that task tomorrow- I will think of you and your desk at work- and be inspired :)
It will be a brilliant way to start my year~
Oppy New New!!! :D

1:44 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

happy new year! i liked your list...im not sure i could make one...but this upcoming year ive outlined a very clear directive for myself. go 08!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

Happy 08. I think I'll try and record my favorite memories for this year. I admire your list!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home