Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Is she in a day-dream now?" ~ Jane Eyre

The mega-millions are up to 125 million dollars for the next drawing. I have been playing since it was 75 last week. I normally do not play lotto, but I always feel obligated to try for the mega-millions. Of course my playing numbers have meaning...and of course I know my chances of winning are slimmer than me getting eaten by a Great White Shark as I got hit by lightening.

Still, its nice to daydream about what I would do with 125 million dollars. I would spend on the givens of new homes for the family and cars and boats and such for family and friends. I would of course donate to charities: Cancer research, March of Dimes, and NPR. I would then make sure most of it went into trust funds and cd's and stock portfolios. Still, these are a few things I would like to spend on for the fun and pleasure of being a millionaire...(oh, aside from buying the most reliable and best computer money can buy...sigh)

1) A Spa Week with the Sisters: I would love to take my hard-working sisters away for a week to a spa. http://www.miiamo.com/ It would be nice to alternate treatments with wine poolside, nature walks, and yoga. I would love nothing more than to see them completely relaxed and taking a break from the stressors of their lives.
2) A Romantic Getaway with the Prince: We talk about traveling, and the way he describes Goa's sunsets make me want to leave today with him on a jet plane. I would love to learn more about the Portuguese influence in Goa and stay in a former Portuguese rampart in one of their Private Villas with an Ocean View: http://photowebusa.com/taj/fort-aguada/index.htm
The Fish Tail restaurant has private tents for dining outdoors, and I would want to stay there all early evening and late night talking with him, for no matter where we are, all that comes out of his mouth just makes me want to kiss him more and more as time passes.
3) Wine and Chocolate for me and J. Sarah: I would have a house with a finished wine cellar where J.Sarah would come once a week and I would treat her to an expensive bottle of wine and expensive chocolate to sample as a means of centering ourselves for the week. Although her friendship is invaluable, combining it with wine and chocolate does make it priceless! http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/07/hershey-expensive-chocolate-
cx_sy_0208feat_ls.html
4)
The MET: I would rent out the MET for the day for friends and family to go see their favorite art exhibits and then host a lavish cocktail party in the European Sculpture Garden for all of them to enjoy.
5) Sports: I would fulfill my fantasy of having season tickets to the New York Yankees and New York Giants seasons with skybox seats for both!
6) Diamonds Are Forever: I would purchase myself diamonds for myself and enjoy the jewels that were *only* purchased from the Kimberly Process, an organization that deals with non-blood diamonds. http://www.kimberleyprocess.com/
7) Fifth Avenue: I would go down Fifth Avenue and buy clothes from Bergdoff's, Armani, and Bendel's. http://www.henribendel.com/
8) Great White Shark: Finally, I would spend money on going cage diving to see a Great White Shark! I kid you not! http://www.sharkdiver.com/

What would you do with 125 million?

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger h said...

I'd give 30% to you. And I expect you do the same! Grrrherhahahhaha!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

I wish I could have seen more of The Met. I wanted to see the Egyptain wing! But I don't have $20 per wing to spend. :(

What would I do with $125 mil?
Dear Lord.

Buy a home, put enough in the bank to live on till I die, and travel until I couldn't anymore. And write. :) (which is free, smiles)
So, no one would ever see me, cause I'd be off all over the world. Ah, Dreams. They're nice.

6:40 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

125 million? hmmmmmmmm i gots to think about it ..

8:08 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

welcome back! 4 + 7 = the perfect day. i am IN!

ive had the lotto fantasy. i set up all my painter friends with mini trust funds...like 50K a year or something...of course all my family gets a chunk. and i would have the coolest hobby farm in north georgia.

10:18 PM  
Blogger moi said...

What a wonderful post! We play the lottery on occasion and do just this type of daydreaming thing. We'd follow pretty closely what you outlined: helping out friends and families, then charities (American Red Cross, Multiple Sclerosis Foundation), then investments.

THEN: I'd buy Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water, a Case Study House in El Lay, and a penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park, from which I'd head out to shop 'til I dropped: Oscar de la Renta, Vivienne Westwood, Ralph Lauren, and Louboutin. Then I'd go have cake and ice cream.

8:45 AM  
Blogger NYD said...

I hope you win, but only if I am on the invitation list for the party at the Met.

I bought my lottery tickets last week. Not 125 mil, but enough to put a smile on ones face if you win.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay off my brother's bills.
I would pay my friend's rent up for a year as her husband gets his act together while she goes through
cancer treatments so she has less added stress.
Then I would have to give money to a couple of other family and friends.
As for me I would retire and work on animal rescue.
Of course after traveling the country because there is much of it I haven't seen.
I would start a campain against getting Obama elected so our country doesn't end up like Germany and France with their expansion of government and higher taxes that only turned out to be more unemployment and more poor people.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that idea!!!

I've always thought that (if I ever played the lottery and than won) I would go off to Paris with you for a week - just the girls - then we'd go to a small town in Italy (but near one of the bigger towns/cities) where I'd rent a big house for six weeks or so and I'd bring all my family over.

But weekly wine and chocolate sounds pretty damn good too!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

You know, to be quite honest, I can't even wrap my brain around the idea of having that much money. I'd take care of multiple family members, quit all of my jobs and split my time between volunteering for (and donating to) worthwhile causes and creating art. And travel...oooooh I would TRAVEL.

And I'd hire a personal trainer to make me look like Janet Jackson during the wash board abs stage.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd probably buy myself a huge money bin and swim through my cash, like Uncle Scrooge.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'd buy land and start an animal sanctuary. I'd make sure everyone in my life never had to worry about money again. I'd randomly give people $1,000 or more, just because.

I'd probably blow a gasket trying to figure what to do with the rest of it.... and that's why I typically don't play the Lottery!

:-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I have no idea. My Fiance plays the lottery religiously and asks me this same question all the time. Other than the obvious of taking care of family and friends...I have no other answers...other than travel. I want to see the world.

1:23 AM  
Blogger roxanne s. sukhan said...

travel, purchase a tres fancy tall ship/sail boat, indulge in a few favourite & expensive things, donate ++++++ to MSF and SPCA, go to grad school, share with some special family members, buy a new mac 'puter.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Get out of debt, help out my family, investinvestinvest...AND, take a long, and dare I say it necessary, stroll down 5th Avenue with you. ;-)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Wow. W O W !

Goa huh? I wanna see that--ain't never. Seen Sintra, though.

I'se tagged ya darlin. Ruela tagged me wif this meme:

These are the rules:

enumerate 8 things that you want to do before dying and pass the challenge
to 8 blogs .

(Wierdly, it is practically the 8 list of dreams ya have here....but the catch is, "before ya die"

Hoo-whee!
(has ya posted Prince' Charmin' photo fer us ????...oaky, yore sketch will do.)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Middle Ditch said...

I would keep one million and give the rest away. What do you want to do with that obscene amount of money?

One million would keep me nicely. Loads of free time to write.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home