"Is she in a day-dream now?" ~ Jane Eyre
The mega-millions are up to 125 million dollars for the next drawing. I have been playing since it was 75 last week. I normally do not play lotto, but I always feel obligated to try for the mega-millions. Of course my playing numbers have meaning...and of course I know my chances of winning are slimmer than me getting eaten by a Great White Shark as I got hit by lightening.
Still, its nice to daydream about what I would do with 125 million dollars. I would spend on the givens of new homes for the family and cars and boats and such for family and friends. I would of course donate to charities: Cancer research, March of Dimes, and NPR. I would then make sure most of it went into trust funds and cd's and stock portfolios. Still, these are a few things I would like to spend on for the fun and pleasure of being a millionaire...(oh, aside from buying the most reliable and best computer money can buy...sigh)
1) A Spa Week with the Sisters: I would love to take my hard-working sisters away for a week to a spa. http://www.miiamo.com/ It would be nice to alternate treatments with wine poolside, nature walks, and yoga. I would love nothing more than to see them completely relaxed and taking a break from the stressors of their lives.
2) A Romantic Getaway with the Prince: We talk about traveling, and the way he describes Goa's sunsets make me want to leave today with him on a jet plane. I would love to learn more about the Portuguese influence in Goa and stay in a former Portuguese rampart in one of their Private Villas with an Ocean View: http://photowebusa.com/taj/fort-aguada/index.htm
The Fish Tail restaurant has private tents for dining outdoors, and I would want to stay there all early evening and late night talking with him, for no matter where we are, all that comes out of his mouth just makes me want to kiss him more and more as time passes.
3) Wine and Chocolate for me and J. Sarah: I would have a house with a finished wine cellar where J.Sarah would come once a week and I would treat her to an expensive bottle of wine and expensive chocolate to sample as a means of centering ourselves for the week. Although her friendship is invaluable, combining it with wine and chocolate does make it priceless! http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/07/hershey-expensive-chocolate-
4) The MET: I would rent out the MET for the day for friends and family to go see their favorite art exhibits and then host a lavish cocktail party in the European Sculpture Garden for all of them to enjoy.
5) Sports: I would fulfill my fantasy of having season tickets to the New York Yankees and New York Giants seasons with skybox seats for both!
6) Diamonds Are Forever: I would purchase myself diamonds for myself and enjoy the jewels that were *only* purchased from the Kimberly Process, an organization that deals with non-blood diamonds. http://www.kimberleyprocess.com/
7) Fifth Avenue: I would go down Fifth Avenue and buy clothes from Bergdoff's, Armani, and Bendel's. http://www.henribendel.com/
8) Great White Shark: Finally, I would spend money on going cage diving to see a Great White Shark! I kid you not! http://www.sharkdiver.com/
What would you do with 125 million?