Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, February 05, 2006


"Were all busied in the game..." ~ Jane Eyre

The air outside my door smells delicious.

All along my block there are various scents emerging from windows: cookies, meats, sauces, and even the smell of a barbecue since the weather is so mild. The supermarket was packed, but it was fun shopping amidst all the excited folk who are getting ready for the big game.

I, too, am excited for the Superbowl and am cheering on the Steelers. Though I wish my Mighty Giants made it this far, I am still ready to get immersed in the game and enjoy myself.

I am also hosting this afternoon/evening and am very excited about the company coming! It will be cozy watching from home instead of being in a sports bar, especially since the rule today is that no one can dress in anything fancier than sweatpants and t-shirts.

The menu today is Italian-style tailgating. In addition to the typical spread of asiago cheese and crackers, nuts, and fruit, I am preparing spinach and artichoke dip and meatballs with cavatappi. This will probably be the first football game ever in which I will be drinking red wine instead of beer, so this will be a new experience for me. Hopefully it doesn't make me rowdier than I already am during games. :)

I am definitely the woman in that Tostitos commercial who goes to find her groom because he is late for the wedding and then sits with him to watch the game, asking how the defense is doing. I love watching sports, and I always am perplexed as to why more women I know don't enjoy it. These athletes are amazing to watch, the games themselves are exciting because they take such precision and skill, and there is no better way to spend a summer night than at Yankee Stadium. Sunday afternoons in the fall scream food and football, too.

To all those celebrating Superbowl Sunday (if I were the Prez, this would be declared an official holiday), enjoy the game and GO PITTSBURGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home