Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, February 28, 2007


"Gentle, soft dream, nestling in my arms now, you will fly..." ~ Jane Eyre
I feel as though I were in a coccoon waiting to hatch.
The process of transforming one life into another has begun, and the process is most beautiful.
What has made the process beautiful is the amount of support from all those in my life, whether they are bloggers, friends, or family. I deeply appreciate the words of encouragement and support.
Last week's first set of informational meetings gave me joy. It was a joy to head into the city, a joy to experience the office I visisted, and, most importantly, a joy to meet the people I met.
Slowly but surely resumes and cover letters and emails are being sent out, so here I am inundated with paperwork and unable to express myself here. Thankfully, a coccoon is only a temporary membrane; the butterfly soon follows.
I learned about butterflies when I vistited the butterfly gardens in Key West this past June. Yes, it is stressful to create a coccoon and stressful to commence being a butterfly, but once you are full grown (you can't tell, but the one in the photo above is as big as your computer monitor screen) and flying, all is right with the world.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger ReadItDaddy said...

Fantastic and brilliant pic, and of course a fantastic and brilliant post. Change and transition is good, it keeps the world spinning and keeps our brains working in the lovely way they do so hooray, hurrah and hooroosh!

Peej
x

5:02 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Best of luck to you dearest. I might be headed for a new career direction myself....

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist (you know; write glowing references, call the offices you're applying to and harrass them, etc. haha JK about the last one. :))

7:10 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

I've done an activity with my art therapy groups wherein I ask them to decide what stage of treatment they are in using the stages of a butterfly as a metaphor, then ask them to create an image of their stage.

It's a powerful metaphor and I have no doubt you'll be a marvelous butterfly clad in a tasteful suit ;-)

xoxo

9:40 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

...and i have no doubt that you will soar successfully, beautifully and with grace..

7:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yes, wonderful post. I find the job search so stressful, so I'm impressed with your serenity and excitement about the process. Keep it up!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

One of my favorite quotes is from a greeting card and it's rather cheesy, but I love it:

"Blooming is hard work. Ask any flower..."

Will be very excited to hear how the job search/transformation plays out...=-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

WE are all thinking about you and wishing you so much luck:-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

it's march - and the butterflies, if they are on time, have left pacific grove in california and headed north back home.

may your butterfly have a safe journey and land in the perfect spot.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrote a beautiful piece. What can be more beautiful than, when spring is about to start, exploring new possibilities and feeling like a blossoming tree. I wish everything will work out the way you want!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

Hello there Miss Amy!..Hoping everything is well with you!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Butterflies are beautiful. I once was lucky enough to watch a monarch emerge from it's chrysalis. It looked dewy and so perfect, and then it flew away and left me with just the memory.

As for the job search, YOU GO GIRL! May you find something that interests and excites you - and pays, too. And may all be right with the world.

9:21 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

beautiful butterfly...looks more like a moth. congratulations! on your career shift. are you applying to be a professional foodie? i hope so. go see the cake lady again. wishing you all the best dear lady jane.

/grrrr

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home