Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"And glide through the dazzled ranks of the village children..." ~ Jane Eyre

This photo was taken yesterday afternoon; my father pulled Jack along in his sled and my sister captured the moment. There is still snow on the ground here this early Sunday afternoon, though today the sun is bright and the reflection of it in the snow is even brighter. I feel bright looking at this photo of my booboo in his mittens and B-52 bomber hat; he is a real, live snow angel. If you leave a comment, tell me about your favorite childhood memories in the snow - if you lived somewhere where it did snow, that is!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

taking our sleds in the woods surrounding a town in germany. sinking knee deep into the snow. pulling those sleds behind us up the hill and then sliding down.
also skiing on a little hillside/mountain in the village my greatgrandmother lived in. it was called pigs mountain. you had to walk up the mountain and then ski down .. it's wasn't very high or long, but tons of fun ... and free and within walking distance of where my greataunt lived.

6:48 PM  
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I remember the time my friend and I decided to find out if our plastic toboggon would float (with us in it) in the creek ('crick') that ran right below our favorite sledding hill.

It didn't.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

On our upstairs screened in porch, we brought out the old black and white tv and piled onto the sofa bed with popcorn to watch gone with the wind on a stormy summer afternoon. It was perfect.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

One cannot possibly look at that picture and not smile. His glee was captured perfectly. That is clearly a child having a wonderful time.

Sledding down the huge (at least they seemed to be then) hills at the local country club and then going for hot chocolate with my dad.

3:52 PM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

a total cutie!

7:16 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

well on my honeymoon out west on the drive to the grand canyon we stopped and i stepped out and sunk into snow about knee deep. didnt expect that!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Kate Croft said...

Having grown up in Atlanta, my snow memories are fairly limited - but last week I did take a giant bowl out to the back yard and make a delicious tub of vanilla snow cream. I can keep pints of it in the freezer until summertime!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek, I grew up in Taiwan, BUT my daughter is growing up in this wintery wonderland. When she was 9 months old, we got hit with 7 feet of snow. She wore a mint green snowsuit, and we joked about tossing her in the snowbanks! She's turning 7 next week, sniffle.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home