Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Friday, February 22, 2008

"Repeated the general blending of snow..." ~ Jane Eyre


Six cups of french vanilla coffee are brewing as Frank sings "My Funny Valentine" and I dry my hair from the snowflakes falling on my curls after shoveling my walkway a few moments ago. Though I changed back into my flannel pajamas, I am not going back to sleep despite wanting to go under my covers and cozy up to the tank top that smells like him and inhale a new romance. There are two books by my couch to be read this afternoon, and I am pondering what I want to defrost from my freezer for lunch; I am leaning towards split pea soup with ham that I made about a month ago. I am reveling in the class and composure Barack showed last night after Hillary's lamely constructed xerox comment; indeed, she is silly to think that her snarky remark was going to fly with the audience. Although I am happy it is a day for a snowstorm, I am checking out the Spring Fashion of the Times online, curious about the upcoming trends for the season. I see a Miu Miu leather clutch in the design of a dragon fly that is gorgeous not only for its design but because it is also pink. A part of me hopes this snow turns to rain by early evening - I am supposed to eat dinner with Jack and his parental units this evening. I spoke with him before and asked if he was excited to put his snow boots on and play in the snow. He replied "Yup!" He says yup, not yes, and I guess you have to be an aunt to understand how endearingly cute that is. I know I should take advantage of the day and get some paperwork done this afternoon, but I am trying to procrastinate with that until at least two o'clock. Checking out upcoming exhibitions at museums is tops on my ways to procrastinate list. The MET has a very interesting exhibit happening in the Costume Institute that relates to blogging; I want to get there in March before it closes in April: http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={FBCA0E60-48CD-4114-84C6-875AB7C411BA} The exhibit after this relates to fashion and superheroes, which also sounds like a fun collection to view. Of course anytime I think of fashion and superheroes, I think of underoos and how my poor mother had to buy three sets of Wonder Woman 'roos for me and my sisters. That makes me think about how after we were out in the snow on a snow day we came in and my mom had us sit in our long johns on the radiator cover to warm up...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger moi said...

I love reading these vivid summaries of your days. I can always picture everything so clearly in my head. And how awesome is that Miu Miu clutch, huh? I adore the color pink.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Sigh.

This sounds like the perfect day. Key words kept popping out at me - French Vanilla - Brewing - Frank - Obama - Leather Clutch - Met ---

It's like you hit all my triggers!

5:54 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

i hope you didnt do the paperwork. im here too late to stop you. go to the museum and report back. grrherhahaa

9:10 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Thursday!! I have been thinking of you a lot lately...I've been on a Jane Austen kick; I think I've watched the BBC "Pride & Prejudice" DVD at least 4 times in the last two weeks (I need to remind myself that men like Darcy DO exist and will take responsibility for their behavior!!) =-)

BTW: I deleted everything...EXCEPT the last email he sent, breaking up with me. that way, if I start to feel squishy inside and miss him, I can read it and remember that he really isn't the man for me. =-)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, this sounds like the perfect day! Which books do you have waiting for you next to the couch?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I just wanted to play on Friday-- but I sat at my desk and worked until it was time to go home. Then I spent a glorius evening in.

Yours sounds great.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home