Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I devoured a spoonful or two..." ~ Jane Eyre


Jack is taking a class called "Broadway Babies" which meets once a week and professional actors and musicians take a musical and turn it into a one hour learning and interactive session for toddlers. It is too cute for words. Since Mary Poppins is Jack's favorite musical (see entry dated October 7, 2007), he has been very excited for the past two weeks knowing that they were going to be performing a session! Although he has a cold and didnt sleep well last night, my sister, brother-in-law, and I took him this morning and the experience was priceless. Here is is with Pop Pop and Bert in a photo I shot after the performance. I admit that when the actors opened the door to the studio and were dressed as the characters saying hello IN character, I got a bit teary when I saw the look on his face. He was beaming. Indeed, we do relive our childhood through our children, and in that moment I got to go back and be just as excited to see her as he was.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

(SMILES)


:)

Jack Rules!!

:)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

So wonderful! I'm glad that you got to share that with him. It looks like such a fun time. How fun that they stayed in character!

:-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

he is remarkably poised considering the insane smiling beams of his poppin' pals/ grrherhaha

2:02 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Marty - As does Cal. :)

Kels ~ Oh god it was too cute for words!

She ~ We took him even though he was sick; he was up half the night before and had a bad cold, hence the subdued look, poor kid!

5:24 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I'll be next to him beaming with open mouth too...we all have little girl soul inside us!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

I wish I were Jack...sigh'...This is something I would have wanted to experience as a child.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home