Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, August 09, 2008

"While such honey-dew fell..." ~ Jane Eyre

Its Saturday night and I am listening to "Honey, Honey" from the Mamma Mia soundtrack, keeping up with my latest ABBA kick since Wednesday night when I saw the film with sis Missy. I am totally thinking of the Prince as I sip a cocktail made with vodka and valencia/mango juice in a blue martini glass and am singing along to lyrics such as "Honey honey, how you thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey..." He is on his way here soon, and as the song goes, I feel like I wanna sing when you do your thing.

Life is as sweet as honey lately and as thickly rich. I was cruising in the car earlier with the sunroof open, blasting ABBA, looking at the blue skies, sipping the bottom caramel layer of an iced caramel macchiato, and totally enjoying the moment of bliss because I feel the most relaxed and the most secure than I have in a great while.

So far, thirty has been the best year in my entire life, and I am so excited for the rest of the year to unfold. I wouldnt trade this moment for anything, and I wouldnt go back to my twenties if I had the chance. I was a dancing queen at seventeen and loved that time until college ended, and then I feel like I wasted a lot of emotions in my early twenties. I love that I am able to take a chance on me once again and change my lifestyle these days. Indeed, lately I give myself credit for being a super trooper and forging ahead despite some hard obstacles. I can spend more time doing things I love, like reading historical fiction that recounts the moments in the battle of Waterloo. In the end, I think I have figured out the name of the game, and I have never been happier because I am the winner taking it all.

So, what's your favorite ABBA song and why? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P3SWl0EAAs

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

no,no,no...
no abba for me.. puleeze ..
you know ..
you are building wonderful memories ..
later you will always remember that 30 was one of the great years. i know you'll have plenty of great years.
your happiness is infectious.. :)

11:05 PM  
Blogger moi said...

The year I turned thirty was magical. Not only was it the year I met my own special guy, it was the year I realized life was a great big welcoming highway unfolding in front of me. I love that you're discovering all that, too.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you feel like you've been Bjorn again... :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

I've enjoyed my 30's as well-live it up!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta see that movie asap.........

8:03 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I love The Dancing Queen the most! Never a dancing queen myself even tough I love dancing..but this song get me moving my hips! I love it when you describe you feelings; especially about your Prince..make me want to hug my own Prince on the spot..hmmm..

4:55 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

There are so many, how do you choose?! I love "Does Your Mother Know?" Great, catchy melody. But I guess if I had to choose just one, then it's gotta be Mamma Mia. It just makes me want to get up and dance. :)

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home