Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006


"Again I questioned, but this time only in thought..." ~ Jane Eyre

I have much to express, yet I lack the energy of late to do so. Many a new post swirls within my head and heart, yet life at the moment drains me of time and energy. This too shall pass, because the commencement of any school year is always like this, and I know the pressure will begin to dissipate once a full month has passed.

In the meantime, I am incanting Muses who I hope shall assist me with my writing for the next few days. One of my favorite characters in a novel - George Emerson in E.M. Forester's A Room With A View - loves to ask questions.

So I ask that you who read this blog, even if you do not usually comment, please be my Muse? I invite you to ask me anything or ask my opinion on anything in the comment section of this post and I shall reproduce your questions and my answers within various intervals of posts over the next few days. My heartfelt thanks and appreciation in advance, Muses, for keeping this writer afloat for a bit, just as Athena kept Odysseus afloat! Muses, please give me your divine intervention, whether the question be serious or silly!

Efcharisto (that means "thank you" in Pallas Athena's language).

9 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

Do you prefer your orange juice with or without pulp?

What is your favorite meal? Can you narrow it down to just one?

Who is your favorite contemporary author?

Are there many plants in your abode? If so, what type?

Do you believe in magic?

7:53 AM  
Blogger ..................... said...

well, if you are up this early on a saturday morning commenting on my blog, I hope you are enjoying at least a good cup of coffee....:)

i' think on those questions and will be back....
of course the first thing that came to mind though is "why is there such a thing as a popcorn flavored jelly bean?... well, it's to early to think properly

ps: my little blog has lost it's energy too since school has started..

8:34 AM  
Blogger David said...

Okay, but only if you promise to be my Muse as well. :)

Describe the most memorable dinner party that you've hosted and/or attended. Details, details!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Well, you know I have to be 'silly.'

1) If a wild animal somehow got trapped in your house, what would you do? Scream like a sissy, or yell at the little punk to get the H out of your house? ha

2) If you sat down to a drink with Ernest, what in the devil would you SAY?

3) Would you ever get completely smashed and post here?

4) Do you ever have the desire to attack men in uniform?

5) Would you ever coerce J. Sarah to post here?

(1) I did both. 2) I'd say, "Man! Those bull horns sure do BITE!" 3) I will, at some point. Post and comment here. Just to make you laugh. 4) I do, all the time. Note to self: Head to the navy yard. 5) I wish Bean did any writing these days, cause she kills me. She's WAAYY funnier than I am. Maybe one day, I'll convince her to post. Till then, I'll just tell sordid stories about her. haha JK

Take care of yourself, Dearest.
xoxoxo

11:39 AM  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

I read often, and I enjoy your blog.
I don't have many quesions, but I do like the random ones that WIP had for you.
Paper or plastic?
Plastic or glass?
Glass or crystal?

12:14 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

Funny - I am kinda in the same place - not knowing what to blog about...

Do you ever post without even thinking (I do)

Do you post smashed?

Who is your craziest friend?

What is that one moment in your life that changed everything? (well at least something)

Have you ever just tokk off and traveled?

Why is there air? (I know I ripped that off from Bill Cosby)

Uh...

You know that place between being awake and asleep? - What do yo think about then? ( Ok stole that from Tink in 'Hook')

Ok, so I have nuttin original...

maybe U do

3:58 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

WIP ~ What great questions! I love the orange juice one and have a fun answer in store!

Schaumi ~ I was, indeed, drinking a nice cup of joe and reading your blog this early morn! Sigh, being a teacher is full of early mornings and coffee. xoxoxo

David ~ Yes, I shall be your Muse, too, Nekkid M!

Martypants ~ LOL! I am so glad you answered the questions, too! Navy Yard? Humph. Go Army!

Heather ~ Thank you SO much for the questions and for commenting. You are an amazing artist and I loved reading your blog this morning.

Barry ~ Those are great questions! I answered the air one. I actually love that moment when I am just about falling asleep. :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger the queen said...

Have you ever had a recurring nightmare, and if so, what was it?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

which would you prefer to take tango or belly-dancing lessons and why?

in what ways are elephants like peanuts?

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home