Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Friday, November 24, 2006

This was a blessing, bright, vivid, and exhilarating..." ~ Jane Eyre

I am thankful this evening to have found my voice, for it has been metaphorically lost for almost two weeks. The days preceding Thanksgiving were a bit difficult since my dear father was in a car accident; he is fine and well and already in a new car. Our family's holiday was beautiful and filled with love, warmth, gratitude, and a sense of inner peace.

Robin and I hosted Thanksgiving together this year, and I loved each moment of working together with her as a team. We coordinated everything from the menu to the table decor to the dinnerware. When she and I were in the kitchen together yesterday, I felt a great deal of energy between us. We were impassioned about giving the best holiday to our family, especially Jack, and we did. For this reason, it was the best Thanksgiving for us.

Another reason why it was also the best Thanksgiving for me because I spent the later part of the evening with D.R.'s family, having dessert with them and drinking champagne. I do not take for granted one bit that he is home and able to celebrate, and I feel for the families whose loved ones are serving in Iraq and not home to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Exhaustion consumes me, but its a pleasurable kind of tired. I got to see and speak to all those that I love yesterday, and for that reason I am truly blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all - I wish you a lovely holiday weekend and I am so grateful that you are here reading my words. Cheers!

9 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you're father is well. I wish you peace and rest for the remaining weekend.

I get to be with my sisters for Christmas, after our cruise. I'm sooo ready to see my baby Jake. :)
Be well Amy...
xoxo
C

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving friend-

Some years the holiday is smooth and lovely- and others it's kind of frantic...but at my house it's never formal, and always fun. Babies running here and there- toys, turkey and sippy cups...teenagers strumming on Tim's guitars, sisters laughing, and brother in laws loading up plates to take home :)

It was a lovely day, and we have much to be thankful for :)
Thank you for sharing yours with us :)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good thanksgiving

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be your co-pilot any day :D Your cooking rocked!
xoxo
twinny jilly

3:19 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Christie ~ Thank you for your kind wishes; I am so excited that you will see baby Jake!

Cora ~ I am still having comment issues with Beta, but I have been reading and my mouth was watering when you listed your menu for Thanksgiving! I am so glad you had a lovely day! xoxo

Barry ~ Thinking of you and wish you were home to celebrate.

Jilly ~ Nice going. I use your middle name, Robin, to protect your identity. ;) Well, Jill, now everyone knows you, sis! I love you and loved each moment in the kitchen with you. xoxoxo

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Bravo!

8:48 PM  
Blogger xoxoalk said...

oh, what twin could Amy have been talking about? It is a mystery!

I am glad your father is doing fine, but AUGH!!!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

That sounds amazing. My dad was in a car accident last Monday-- he is fine too-- but what is up with these fathers of ours????

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super-glad your dad's OK Thurs, and that you had a fantastic thanksgiving!

Peej
x

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home