Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"And while seeming to be busy with my sum..." ~ Jane Eyre

This elongated winter weather has frozen my hands at the keyboards and I wish to thaw as the ground outside has, for the warm breezes and daffodils ground my soul. There are many lovely things growing around here of late, so this is a piece of my garden...

~ My Jack is becoming a beanstalk who grows each day from a baby to a little person. I am kept in awe as we plant seeds of words and ideas and actions in his head that he retains and projects out. His vocabulary is advanced, of course, and his curiosity blooms as big as a sunflower does on a hot August day. A few days ago we took a walk together and I had to hold him back since he was trying to chase a squirrel, calling after it!

~ I keep my resumes for various applications divided into packets like ones that contain seeds. Some plants are slow to grow, but the continual brightness I feel as I send them out and the waterfall of opportunities are flourishing. No word yet from interviews, as I am realizing that corporate is as slow as a snail sliding along in a garden! Still, I know I will be rooted elsewhere shortly in complete content.

~My spring cleaning inside and out has lead me to think about setting up a raised garden in my backyard this year. After cleaning and setting out my patio furniture and barbecue, I thought about how nice it would be to grow some herbs and vegetables. As much as I dislike raw tomatoes, growing them to make into sauce to place into jars at the end of the summer would be quite an enjoyable endeavor. Most of my free time in the past two days has been spent on the HGTV website reading about raised gardens and such.

~A new romance is budding, and it seems rather apropos that one of our first meetings was underneath the arch in Washington Square Park, where Harry met Sally...or rather, where he met Amy. How often does one find a man who loves nero d'avola as much as you do? I find myself drawn to him despite my jadedness and apathy towards romance of late, and he brightens my day since he is the kind of person whose wit is so great that he makes you laugh until it hurts.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger ReadItDaddy said...

Gawd it's lovely to have you back, missed you hodloads :)

Peej
x

3:57 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Glad to see your blogging again! Jack sounds like he is becoming a smart little guy.

I agree the corporate world moves at a snails pace.

Glad to hear you may have met someone and romance may be in your future. How exciting! :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

*Whew*

Don't leave us like that again!
It's not allowed!

ha ;)

(Some of us are needy wackos. ha)

Glad to hear, on all fronts.
Question, though; Why must kids grow up? Why? ha
I like the 'baby' phase.
And the 'teenage' phase, amazingly.
But yeah, it's all cool stuff.
Note to self: Get knocked up somehow. ha

:)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree with the previous posters :-)
Wonderful to see how you are encountering spring in all areas of your life!
And you're the first one I know of that shares my dislike for raw tomatoes. I love anything tomatoey, but the raw version is just to sharp and agressive on the taste buds.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Now that is the kind of to-do list I can get behind. Keep up your spirits on the job search b/c seriously, I think it is a process longer than any other known to man. And as for romance--smile and be delighted. There are many wonderful men in the world and here's to hoping you have found one! =-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Missed you so much!! It seems that everything is going swimmingly. You seem really organized and enjoying life. That is so important. I hope we get to see a picture of Jack soon!! Oh, I am thinking about planting herbs-- but keeping them inside. Let me know what you learn. xoxo

8:53 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Rochester tells me he is frankly shocked at such ribald impudence.

Meanwhile, I'd like to try experimenting on your comments thread if that's ok. My current post is appropos of kids around Jack's age. My sister keeps telling me I can put links into comments and I keep saying it doesn't take them. Here I go again. This is an attempted link to my current post:

current post I hope

5:35 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

How lovely!...Oh' Miss Amy..you must tell us how everything goes on..this is so romantic..the work....the man...I feel giggly bright for you!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Ooh, nice to hear of the romance!

2:35 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Peej ~ I missed you, too. Random question: what is up with Hugh and those beans on that side of the pond? ;)

Vixen ~ Jack is posting here again this weekend, so consider yourself warned. ;)

Marty ~ I have missed you SO much, especially your witty and clever notes to self!

Frumteacher ~ Hahaha...yeah, if I grow tomatoes there is NO way they are going to be consumed fresh!

Ryane ~ Thank you for the encouragement! I hope that he remains to be all that is there upfront. I find most of the time that when I date, what you originally see is what you do not get since people try to be anyone but themselves...

Kels ~ Jack is definitely telling his "Mamie" (his name for me now) that he wants a post this weekend, so consider yourself warned, too!

Paul ~ I have missed you and I really like the photo in your profile. :)

Luxie ~ Thanks for the gigglies...I have them and butterflies everytime I am talking and seeing him!

Neil ~ Hallo there west coaster! I just heard an entire story about palm trees and LA on NPR this morning and thought of you!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I've missed your blog. I'm glad )you're writing and thawing.

I wish you tons of hurt, or is it many days of laughter.
xoxo
C

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It has been that kind of winter/early spring where blogging has been difficult. I'm eager to hear more of the romance, b/c it sounds as if he makes you happy (and that's the ultimate goal, right?)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home