Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, September 15, 2007




“And let it dash...” ~ Jane Eyre

If writing is like cooking, I think most of my entries are methodical recipes. This one is going to be a dash of this and a hint of that and a sprinkling of some things and a spot of other things as I try and get back into the groove of cooking up entries in this kitchen.


~ Yesterday marked one month here at my new job, and I have loved all twenty days of it so far! I love my colleagues, office space, and work. This campus is stunning right now as the cooler autumn air descends and the leaves begin to turn a hint of light orange. I find myself missing students less and less because there are so many that I am now working with here...all are sweet and fun.
~ Today marks the first week I have spent in my new apartment. Its a lovely little place on the North Shore of Long Island. The beau calls the place Bohemian; I call it my new home. Moving was exhausting, unpacking is so perfunctory, but the end results will be worthwhile.
~ Jack turned two September 1st. I do believe I shall never be Aunt Amy to him, but Aunt Maimy. His birthday party was the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend; my sister and brother-in-law made it farm themed and even hired a small petting zoo to come for the kids. It was precious.
~ I love each minute I spend with the beau; we are looking forward to autumn together. In November we are taking our second weekend getaway together, this time to Hanover at a Bed and Breakfast. I cannot wait. I have always wanted to go see Gettysburg, and when he proposed the idea, I was elated.
~ I will begin classes for my M.S. in Library Science this spring and am looking forward to that very much.
~ I do not miss teaching. I miss the literature here and there, but all I have to do is dive back into it and enjoy it for myself for the first time instead of worrying about how others will enjoy it!
~ I have not cooked in three weeks and have decided to plan menus out for the next few weeks. The beau is challenging me to making a duck ragu; I am confident that I can do it!
~ I have not written practically all this year, but as soon as I settle in just a bit more, I hope that my writing goes places where it has never been before...kind of like where my life is at the moment!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

i like bohemian. having students around without having to teach them sounds perfect. i'm glad things are going well with you.
oh, and i've decided that this is my last year.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back in the kitchen :-) We, your guests, don't eat much, but we really do enjoy being fed a little hors d'oeuvre now and then ;-)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Sounds blissful. All of it. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Enjoy it in your new home! :)

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear your life is great, everythings seems to be falling into place.

I'm going to take a lesson from you and let it happen to me...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

This is a great season for new things. I love changes in the fall. Actually, that is somethng that I've been nostalgic for this fall-- a bit of change.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I can see you smile through your writing. I'm sooo happy for you Amy. Enjoy the bohemian "sweet home" life.

Thinking of you this morning as I sip coffee looking at the river.
xoxo
C

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Gettysburg is amazing--you will enjoy yourself. And, I have heard that adding a smidge of sausage to any ragu makes it simply perfecto!! ;-)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home