Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

"And, having reflected a few minutes..." ~ Jane Eyre

I was tagged by Frumteacher( http://frumteacher.blogspot.com/) to write about eight random facts about myself! Thank you for the tag!
I tag all readers right now to do the same on their blogs. And away we go...

1) In addition to taking ballet classes, I took tap dance classes. I loved the sound of my tap shoes on the floor. As a child, I watched many Fred and Ginger movies with my grandmother, and the photo you see is from Swing Time - a favorite of mine. I shall always assert that Fred Astaire was a better hoofer than Gene Kelly.

2) I love making lists. I am very detail oriented, so I am always making lists that are both personal and professional. I have a very specific type of notepad that I use. It is a mini legal pad with that is college ruled and white in color. The pads come in yellow, but I prefer using the white.

3) I cannot sleep late. Sleeping late for me is 9am, and I hate the feeling I have when I get up at that hour. Thankfully, my boyfriend is also a morning person. On weekends, we are up drinking coffee together no later than 8am. I love having long weekend mornings because it makes the day more relaxed and filled with time in the afternoon to do lots of fun things.

4) I am five minutes apart from my fraternal twin sister, Robin. I was born five minutes before she, and at times I really do feel like I am the middle child! Having a twin is an amazing blessing, and I am fortunate that I am so close to both of my sisters. They are beautiful women.

5) My favorite toys and hobbies as a child were my ant farm, sea monkeys, microscope, and dinosaur models.

6) I used to draw all of the time as a child. I used to draw princesses and designed all kinds of gowns for them. My collection was at least 150 within a year. In high school, I took art classes and loved each moment of those experiences. I wish I had continued painting...perhaps one day I shall.

7) I could never date a man who didn't watch sports. That is a deal breaker for me. Baseball is too much a part of who I am, and football Sundays are romantic in my eyes. Thankfully my boyfriend loves baseball, football, and hockey. Lately we have lazy afternoons at Meade's in the city - a gorgeous open bar by Southstreet Seaport - and sit watching baseball as the breeze hits us, sipping Raison D'Etre beer (him) and pino grigio (me).

8) As gregarious as I am, I am someone who also needs alone time. I value that time for reflection and composure, and I like planning little adventures for myself, whether it is the beach, a park, or even seeing a movie. I really like going to movies by myself, as odd as that sounds! When I ski, I also prefer to do that alone. Riding the lift with someone is fine, but I do not like having to wait for a person or have a person wait for me on a slope - I like doing my own thing.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

dancer, twin, and princess lover.
I love those!
xoxo
C

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

How lovely your afternoons by the water with your boyfriend, baseball, and wine must be!! And how wonderfully lucky you are to have two sisters...I have none and can only imagine how much I am missing! :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

but...sharing a birthday DOES suck! At least I think so...2 years apart...and he ahd to pick MY day! :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

precious trinkets of somethings in your life..how simply interesting...

and I read your message in my bloggy'..dropped by here while in the midst of swarming boxes to say...

me wuvs ya' too!

take care Miss Amy! :>

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be a morning person. Not only is this a great pro in teaching, but it also makes for longer days in the weekend, as you write. I envy you :)
Thanks for sharing!

4:39 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

TG ~ My favorite Disney Princess is Belle, hands down. She is a brunette that reads...so maybe its a bit narcisistic,but still!

Jen ~ I definitely dont take my sisters for granted! We can't even fight - if we get into a tiff, ten seconds later we make up because we can't bear the thought of the other being upset! Do you have brothers? If so, I give you lots of credit. ;)

Charlie ~ Yes, it does. You are right. I hate having to buy a card and present for MY birthday!

Luxie ~ Bon Voyage! xoxo

FT ~ Thank YOU for the tag! The downside to being a morning person is that the boy and I sometimes have to take an hour nap in the afternoons because we get cranky. ;)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I ski, I also prefer to do that alone. Riding the lift with someone is fine, but I do not like having to wait for a person or have a person wait for me on a slope - I like doing my own thing.

i know that feeling - i became a ski instructor a few years ago, and our motto is "never have to ski alone"...

but my fav experiencs are still when i go to a new place on my own

8:29 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

One of my favorite quotes is, "Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did, but backwards, in high heels."

Oh, I am a huge list maker. I do it to calm myself and make order. Every day before I leave work I make my list for the next day. It makes me hit the ground running and productive.

Oh, I would love to sleep later. I made it until 8 30 the other weekend and I was just amazed... but you are right. I do love my mornings.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

I LOVE the little white mini-note pad! It is my favorite! (multiple smiles!)

Lists and organization are my favorites, too. I wrote 400-ish humorous lists for the Message Board I was a part of when I first started writing online. I have them, I think I got better at writing them as I went, but David seemed to think they were pretty funny. Who knows.

I cannot get up early. haha Seriously. This is the kid who did not want to get up early on Christmas morn. No lie. I can do it (had to for school), but it is like sheer torture.

Can I come up with 8 things I haven't yapped about before? Hmm.....

I shall try. ;)

2:36 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

i've always wanted to see sea monkeys and never have. we talked about this long ago, when i was K9, but a sunday afternoon in the kitchen with a football game on is perfection. good to see ya lady jane.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Midwest Teacher said...

I love memes--you always learn a little bit more about people. Have you figured out your next move re: career? I have one last education related request for you--stop by my teacher blog & offer your opinions on books, please? (HCAlum)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Happy Fourth!
xoxo
C

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home