Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, September 05, 2007


"Perhaps, you would have a home here..." ~ Jane Eyre


My new green desk lamp is as bright as my mood here at work. Today I walked around campus during my lunch hour, absorbing the glow of a University campus the first day of autumn classes. I chose a green lamp because our school colors are green and gold; the colors are rather apropos. The grass IS greener here, and I feel like gold anytime I enter this office.

I am working a little late this evening. Its cozy here. I hear Westminster chimes every quarter of the hour. We had a clock in my Tudor house growing up that played Westminster, so I find it comforting to be working in a Tudor house hearing Westminster.
I have only been here three weeks, but it feels more like home than where I worked for the past seven years.

I am moving homes this weekend. I will be leaving my apartment of seven years and moving into an apartment closer to campus on the North Shore of Long Island. The apartment is in a Victorian home, and the house is whimsical. I have the place all to myself and cannot wait to start living there come Sunday.

So, with a little rest from all of these major changes in my life, my creativity will find its way home here and become restored…

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous! Meanwhile, I live in a van, down by the river.

haha

;)

Nice to see you around...

6:31 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Oh Amy...the apartment sounds absolutely fantastic. Good luck!!

On a completely side note...I am probably going to be in the city in October--would you be interested in meeting for coffee?

7:52 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

such positive changes in your life.
i am thrilled for you.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to read that things are going absolutely great for you! I guess 'aint' easy to be green' doesn't always holds true :-) Can't wait 'til the moment you are settled and you will have more time blogging.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

That sounds so wonderful!!! Good luck moving. I hate moving, but I love living in a new place. That said, I usually recreate that feeling with rearranging furniture.

Tangent over.

I'm so happy that all of these big changes are so perfect. That is wonderful.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Whimsical...sounds wonderful! Yes many life changes going on for you. Best wishes for a successful move!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lady jane, its K9 here. congratulations on all fronts.
/gr

4:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle Brown said...

Yay, Amy! You've got a new job, a new apartment, and all seems to be for the better! Can't wait to see photos of your new place. See you in Uganda. :)

moo

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home