Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"To this end, I had sat well back on the form, and while seeming to be busy with my sum..." ~ Jane Eyre

Thursday's Three Day-Weekend To-Do List:
*originally made yesterday, hence some updates along with some commentary*


1) Freezer Cooking - gather recipes and make various dishes on Monday.

2) Beer (wheat) pickup (*check! I picked up a pack of Sea Dog Apricot Wheat Beer...mmm)

3) Plan Oktoberfest! (*check! I will be celebrating with friends at Zum Schneider in NYC)

4)Plan more dates to attend singles events in NYC in addition to Guggenheim First Friday; send email to the ladies to coordinate Guggenheim F.F. next week.

5) Martha Stewart email RSVP - I got tickets to see Martha Stewart during the last week of October. Martha is the goddess of my domestic diva idolatry.

6) Wedding stuff for J.Sarah - look over lists and calendar

7) Blog!

8) Catch up on emails and phonecalls

9) Gym - size four by J. Sarah's wedding or I wear a potato sack.

10) Clothes shopping - Lord and Taylor

11) Michael's Craft Store - get flower preserves (D.R. gave me the most beautiful basket of flowers last weekend and I want to preserve them; they are, by far, the BIGGEST arrangement of flowers I have ever gotten in my life!)

12) Get frame for "Pluto" sketch - (one of my students is an amazing artist and sketched Poe's "Black Cat" and I want to hang it in my library)

13) Weekend cleaning of apartment

14) Laundry

15) Directions to Coney Island - I am taking my father there for an afternoon as part of his birthday present; he turns 60 next month, so I want to give him a trip down memory lane. He is SO excited to go and that makes me SO happy.

16) Grading, lesson plans, etc.

17) Pay bills - blech. This can just be a real killjoy on any to-do list.

18) Pick up The Palest Eye at Barnes and Noble - this is a fictional story about Edgar Allan Poe solving a mysterious murder during his time at West Point. I am quite anxious to read it after I finish Gates of Fire by S. Pressfield.

19) Phone the Naked Manatee on Sunday to wish him a very Happy Birthday this weekend!

20) Football, football, football, football (Sunday).

21) Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees (all weekend).

**It would be interesting to hear some other weekend to-do lists from others...
Enjoy the weekend!
**

16 Comments:

Blogger shpprgrl said...

You have a busy weekend planned. You are wonder woman if you can get it all done, I know I couldn't! :) My weekend will be filled with housework and laundry. I also need to buy a few groceries. cya!

9:02 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

shpprgrl,
yes, but remember that, sadly, my internal clock is the same on weekends as it is on weekdays - i rise at 6am! gah! hopefully you are smart and sleep in! enjoy your weekend. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

grrrrrrl im loving your list. football football football! i will be in the kitchen working on some tortilla soup with lime creme garnish. yeah baby.
my dark guilty secret: i love martha stuart livings photo spreads. shhhh!

the nekkid manatee? say whaaaaaat????

/howl

10:43 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

9) I think the last time I was a size 4 was when I was in the 3rd grade. Sheeeeeesh. Good luck with your efforts!

12) Did someone mention Poe's 'The Black Cat?' ???????????
Did I tell you? Poe is my favorite author, EVER, and black cats are my favorite beings, in the animal world. Jealous much, am I? Indeed.

18) I, too, shall have to go pick up 'The Palest Eye.' Cause I'm 'sort of' Poe-obsessed. And one of my goals is to do more reading this fall/winter.

My weekend?
1) Clean the house (vacuum, swift (greatest invention ever: The Swiffer!), clean the bathroom, kitchen).
2) Put out my 'knicknack' Halloween decorations (of which there are many; I may have to post about this).
3) Watch 'The Empire Strikes Back.'
4) Play with Sgt. Pepper and Leia.
5) Email Thursday incessantly to harrass her about the size 4 thing.
6) Inform Thursday that I am just kidding about the size 4 thing, but truly, she's perfect the way she is. Remind self that I have studied waaayy too many self-help and self-esteem manuals.
7) Learn not to refer to self in the 3rd person.
8) Shut up already!

haha
;)
Have a great one, Dearest.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

rumor has it there might be subway series this year. so i assume you'll be rooting for the yanks, of course.

you have too much on that list. but since you already have too much, what's one thing more...

can you grade my papers for me?

flap/flap/swoosh!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

ok so how did U post this with 'blog' in the middle of the list? :P

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Wow. 21 items on your list...make mine look measly.

1. Clean off back deck
2. Gym
3. Grocery shopping
4. oh yeah..find a new job!! HAHA. I like to put that task off, but I suppose it will suck soon for #5 if I don't...
5. Pay bills..

=-)

sigh...pretty mundane, really. Enjoy yours, Amy and go Yankees! (oK. I am an Orioles fan...but I felt I should throw that in there in the spirit of your weekend...).

5:59 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

K9 ~ I am glad you like Martha; you know she is a big big big lover of doggies! She once did an entire Live episode dedicated to bulldoggies. How can I not love her? Her flower of the month photos are my favorites! Oh goodness that soup sounds good. I want a dog that can cook! ;)

Marty ~ I got some great black cats from my kids; mostly cute and cartoony, but the one I got from my student Chloe was perfectly haunting; Pluto was missing an eye and had a loose rope around his neck...she did an unreal job. I LOVE KNICKNACK HOLIDAY DECORATIONS! I just hung a cute little painted wooden pumpkin on my door! Please refer to yourself in the third person as much as you can, Marty. You are royalty, and so is Thursday. hahahahahha!

Birdie ~ As much as I would love to help you grade papers, I got my own problems: 35 Catcher exams, tons of homeworks, and 90 quizzes. I better do them all while drinking a glass of wine, otherwise I don't know how I will make it through!

Barry ~ I made the list yesterday, silly! ;)

Ryane ~ Thank you SO much for the kind Yankee wishes! They are winning as I type! Yay! I hope you are having a good weekend. You reminded me that I have to clean up my chairs and such in the yard...and cover my BBQ. As much as I love Autumn, covering my BBQ makes me sad!

6:14 PM  
Blogger David said...

Can't wait for phone-age. :)

Here's my list for the rest of the weekend. (Which is Sunday, which looks all sad and pathetic seperated from Saturday. They're really a set and here I've broken them up. Tsk.)

Sunday 2:00. Get up. Compose myself. Shake off disorienting dream about the talking gecko. Eat bowl of Wheaties with sliced banana. Shower and listen to a couple of choice INXS tracks.

3:00. Phone-age! Happiness. :)

Evening-ish. Off to sis's for cakey goodness. Will smuggle mini-margaritas which I plan not to share.

late evening-ish. Nap, hopefully sans talking gecko.

11:00pm. Work! Such as it is. Will tackle some righteous Linguistics homework and some rockin' Wordsworth sonnets.

Wow, what a day!

7:05 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

David ~ You know that my grandmother *loves* the talking gecko. No joke. As part of her 85th birthday present last week, she was given a stuffed gecko from the Geico store. She *loves* him. ;) What flavor of cakey-goodness did your sis make?!?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Marty and I can be friends, because I love the swiffer and love it in all of its versions.

Ok- My weekend plans were as follows

Mow. Mow. Mow. Bitch about Mowing. Mow. I FINALLY got it all completed However, I started and was 10 minutes into it when a neighbor stopped by and we declared it beer 30-- so that made the rest of the mowing that night-- a little less even.

Pay Bills. Make sure car payment is post dated the 30th. Check! (by the skin of my teeth)

Scrub the front of my house with clorax-- right, that was actually fun. I saw the results right away.

Stare at plants that are dying and trying to teach them esp to get them to perk up. -- I am still working on this and they are still not perky.

It sounds like you were productive. Good job.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

I worked. I entertained children. I stressed about the two papers I have put off and have now passed their due dates, so my grades will suffer. I read your blog, and it brightened my day, as always.

Thanks.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know more about the singles events in NYC :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You get to go see Martha Stewart?! I am SO jealous!!! I love her. I think we would be friends (now that she's out of the pokey and a nicer person in general).
Hope you had a great weekend!!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you manage to get everything done? If so, you really are a miracle. My to-do-lists always give me a lot of inspiration, but somehow I end up finding them weeks later with only half of it checked.

I'm now enjoying a coffee that I believe I really deserved after teaching from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM! I don't even want to think about my to-do list now :-)

10:46 AM  
Blogger b said...

holy cow! what a list! do you get it all done and if so, can you tell me how to get half as much done in a weekend?! is it super powered espresso? expensive chocolates? what's your secret? share with the group...

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home