Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Providence has blessed my endeavours..." ~ Jane Eyre

Last night we gathered at my sister's for fish dinner - tilapia seasoned with Old Bay and fresh lemon and shrimp with linguine with diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Prior to dinner, Robin and I colored eggs with Jack. My parents arrived as we were coloring the eggs. Normally, Jack greets people with a big smile and little dance, his aunties included, but my parents are the exception. He runs into their arms for big hugs. I took this photo just as he ran into my father for a hug yesterday evening.

I think it shall become one of my favorite photos of my father and of Jack. In this quick moment I was able to capture the intensity of love on my father's face for his grandson, and able to capture my nephew's absolute adoration of his "Pah." It is still hard for me to look at it without getting teary.

I do not take the moments I have with my family for granted. I am blessed. Truly, I am. We are having such a wonderful holiday celebration together; I know I am fortunate to have these moments, and I capture as many as I can in my heart, for I know we all get older, things change. Thankfully, my family, and their spirit, is always a constant.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

Happy Easter friend~
May all the blessings of this season, and the Spring be yours :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I got teary eyes seeing this photo too..such is the intensity of family love..I always feel that family gatherings at my parents' house is always filled with chores, mom's constant grumbles and instructions on endless things to do, and her lack affection-showing to my kids..but somehow those moments are unique to my family, maybe that's how mom shows her love..through her cookings and not so much huggings. One day I'll miss those moments too. Just like you, I'd better just appreciate them now.

7:25 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Cora ~ Happy Easter and Happy Spring! Love and hugs to you on this holiday!

HLiza ~ My grandmother, Anoush, was not an overly affectionate grandmother; her love came through the food she made for us, not so much huggings. Remember, your mom is probably giving instructions to make it perfect for her family...that is the way she shows it. :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

what a wonderfully intimate loving moment to catch on camera. hopefully there will be many more .. perhaps different .. as the years pass.
whenever you right about your family it is very clear how much you love them.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

That's a wonderful picture. I love that Jack greets his grandparents like that.

My cousins do that to my dad which makes him long for Grandchildren.

He's going to have to keep waiting for that one.

3:49 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

It is, indeed, a lovely photo, full of light and grace.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

Wonderful wonderful picture! I want a hug like that right now..

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home