Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, April 19, 2008

"And again he stood up and tried his foot..." ~ Jane Eyre

It was a quintessential girl's day out in New York City today. My twin and I ventured into Soho for some good eats and pampering; something our busy lives were in need of. We were also in need of some quality sister time and some heart to heart chatting.

The sun was bright and warm as we stepped out of the N/R subway line at Prince street. My favorite New York neighborhood was already bustling with brunchers and shoppers. We walked around before reaching Dos Caminos, a great Mexican restaurant whose sister branch we celebrated our 30th birthday at. Outdoor seating was abundant and enclosed by a wrought iron fence, with diners either drinking sangria, mojitos, or frozen margaritas. All of us ladies ate with sunglasses on, making it all the more easier to gawk at each other in true NYC femme fashion.

Our table was soon filled with guacamole, chips, frozen margaritas, lobster ceviche, and mini grilled chicken tacos. The conversation was filled about both the beauty and the apprehension of new relationships, since both of us are immersed in the newness of two great men. In true sisterhood, both sensitivity and tough loved went back and forth between us two. In the spirit of the day, we both realized that relaxing was the answer, for what is meant to be is meant to be.

And on that note we finished our blissful meal and headed to Bliss Spa Soho, a gift from our dear cousin for our 30th birthday. I love the smell of spas, and Bliss certainly had that mixed smell of peppermint and vanilla that most spas possess as their aroma. Bliss is bright and blue; my sister opted for a facial while I opted for a pedicure. We parted ways since our treatment rooms were on different levels, and the bliss began.

I didn't choose just any pedicure, dear readers. Oh no...

I chose the Double Chocolate Pedicure.

I arrived in the nail salon; the walls were papered with images of a beach. In front of me was a table with iced water and teas and small cookies and pieces of fruit. The racks for the nail polish containers were mounted from the ceiling, and I immediately chose a bright pink for the toes...sexy for spring. My technician was so sweet, and I walked up two steps to sit in the chair and didn't get up for almost an hour and a half after that.

The technician left for a little while and came back with a large, aluminum bowl filled with hot milk and chocolate pieces. I placed my feet in, and from that moment on I was in some other world for the next hour and a half. She was slow and meticulous, and I wished her scrub and massage lasted all day. Little did I realize that the title of the pedicure was literal; I had chocolate at my feet, and within twenty minutes of sitting down, I had chocolate at my mouth. A bowl of chocolate ice cream topped with whipped cream and cinnamon was presented to me. Imagine: sitting in a chair with your feet soaking in chocolate as you eat chocolate; I shall never be skeptical of the spa's name...never ever.

So as stressful and busy as life has been lately, I know I am so fortunate to have a day like this with my sister, in the best city in the world, doing something good for ourselves. I hope you do something nice for yourself this weekend...

Treat yourself to some Bliss, too!
http://www.blissworld.com/

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger HLiza said...

Chocolate pedicure? Chocolate on your feet, chocolate in your mouth? Waaaaaaaaaaa..that's definitely heaven for me! I'm gonna be crazy today haunted by that image of you being surrounded by chocolate and I'm oceans apart here not able to even sniff that smell! Waaaaaa.....

1:12 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

that is the perfect day. i see you use sunglasses in the same way we do. grrrrherhahahaha. that's why i use mirrored glasses. i look like a south georgia sherriff in mine.

i am dying to come to NYC. have you seen the whitney biennal yet? or are there any shows i should see this summer??? i just go to chelsea and go from gallery to gallery.

oh what a day you had. and i like bliss products very much...i have to do it myself, but it still works. even if theres no choc choc

9:22 AM  
Blogger moi said...

I am definitely putting you in charge of All Things Girly-Girl Fun Por Moi's Administration. Definitely.

4:11 PM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

Nice! I'm glad you took some time out for yourself.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

That just sounds so incredible and totally irresistable. I'm glad you had that day-- it just makes for the best memories.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home