Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, November 01, 2008

"A border of gold lace..." ~ Jane Eyre

Autumn gold is in full force here on the north shore of Long Island - also known as the gold coast. I am sipping a gold chardonnay in the mid-afternoon with the windows open as fresh, fall air enters my apartment. Lately, with the new job on Wall Street, the balancing of life has become as asymmetrical as the trees in autumn- not one is the same hue. Still, life is golden and I am thankful for my job at the bank that is now the custodian for the government, my family who is doing well, my friends who are celebrating all kinds of milestones lately, and my beloved Prince who is, himself, golden in my eyes and in my heart. I am hoping that the golden candidate in my eyes becomes America's prize on Tuesday night, for him being elected right now to lead our nation is priceless. I hope that Americans realize that it is time for change, just as autumn changes the landscape of the earth, we need to change the landscape of this country. In the darkest winter ahead, he will keep us protected until spring arrives. I glance now at my voter registration card, anxious for it to be Tuesday already so I can place my finger on the bar that has the name of the first African-American candidate in history. What an amazing milestone it will be for me, in that voting booth, in that particular moment. Golden...just golden. The mere thought makes me hopeful and less anxious about the future, and I feel more relaxed in this moment and once again able to enjoy life again just a little bit more.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

here's to golden chardonnay's, golden fall days .. and, of course, tuesday.
i hope many, many folks go out to vote ..

5:34 AM  
Blogger moi said...

I'm glad to hear your work is going well and I feel better knowing you are out there with your drive and optimism!

8:44 AM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

I am so excited for Tuesday! I can't believe it is actually here.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Autumn is the most glorious season!

Happy to hear yore personal an' professional life is singin' along.

Did ya paint that picture? Whoever did, it is lovely.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

the winds of change are blowing in! Let's hope the Republicans don't find a way to steal another election!!!!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

well today should be splendid for you. ours is lit in golden sunlight filtered thru ash and maple as well. and i do love it so.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

MY favorite time of year! Our golden man did it!!!!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger NYD said...

Time always seems to slow down and relax for me when I visit this place.

The chardonnay and the view sound simply enchanting.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home