"And, having reflected a few minutes..." ~ Jane Eyre
I was tagged by Frumteacher( http://frumteacher.blogspot.com/) to write about eight random facts about myself! Thank you for the tag!
I tag all readers right now to do the same on their blogs. And away we go...
1) In addition to taking ballet classes, I took tap dance classes. I loved the sound of my tap shoes on the floor. As a child, I watched many Fred and Ginger movies with my grandmother, and the photo you see is from Swing Time - a favorite of mine. I shall always assert that Fred Astaire was a better hoofer than Gene Kelly.
2) I love making lists. I am very detail oriented, so I am always making lists that are both personal and professional. I have a very specific type of notepad that I use. It is a mini legal pad with that is college ruled and white in color. The pads come in yellow, but I prefer using the white.
3) I cannot sleep late. Sleeping late for me is 9am, and I hate the feeling I have when I get up at that hour. Thankfully, my boyfriend is also a morning person. On weekends, we are up drinking coffee together no later than 8am. I love having long weekend mornings because it makes the day more relaxed and filled with time in the afternoon to do lots of fun things.
4) I am five minutes apart from my fraternal twin sister, Robin. I was born five minutes before she, and at times I really do feel like I am the middle child! Having a twin is an amazing blessing, and I am fortunate that I am so close to both of my sisters. They are beautiful women.
5) My favorite toys and hobbies as a child were my ant farm, sea monkeys, microscope, and dinosaur models.
6) I used to draw all of the time as a child. I used to draw princesses and designed all kinds of gowns for them. My collection was at least 150 within a year. In high school, I took art classes and loved each moment of those experiences. I wish I had continued painting...perhaps one day I shall.
7) I could never date a man who didn't watch sports. That is a deal breaker for me. Baseball is too much a part of who I am, and football Sundays are romantic in my eyes. Thankfully my boyfriend loves baseball, football, and hockey. Lately we have lazy afternoons at Meade's in the city - a gorgeous open bar by Southstreet Seaport - and sit watching baseball as the breeze hits us, sipping Raison D'Etre beer (him) and pino grigio (me).
8) As gregarious as I am, I am someone who also needs alone time. I value that time for reflection and composure, and I like planning little adventures for myself, whether it is the beach, a park, or even seeing a movie. I really like going to movies by myself, as odd as that sounds! When I ski, I also prefer to do that alone. Riding the lift with someone is fine, but I do not like having to wait for a person or have a person wait for me on a slope - I like doing my own thing.