Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Sweet paintings of butterflies..." ~ Jane Eyre

It has been two and a half months, and the butterflies will not cease to exist inside of me. Their wings flap inside of my stomach as crisply as a white linen sheet drying outside on a windy spring day, refusing to cease for even a moment for some tranquility. When the phone indicates his number, they begin to move inside of me, as if they were walking up a stem, slowly approaching a flower that is steadily in bloom. When a time is set to meet him, they leave the pillar all together and fly in the space that is my stomach, speedily pounding their wings in sync to the rhythm of my heartbeat. Before the hour of which we are set to meet, I try to distract myself from their continual soaring in my soul. Nothing really helps cease their presence, so eventually my encompassing the butterflies becomes the butterflies encompassing me. As time passes, I become more and more skeptical that they shall ever leave. Then again, I love their beauty, as well as the beauty they represent, and realize that perhaps I do not wish for them to leave...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Ah, love.. there is no experience so exquisite.

4:03 PM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Let the butterflies settle in..they colour up your life..ooohh I love to see what the future holds for you..

5:42 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

That's such a great stage...savor it like one of those flavorful meals you love so much.

xoxo
Slim

5:47 PM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

Just beautiful! I love hearing how much in love you are....

1:05 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

has it only been 2.5 months-- really?

I love it! I'm so happy for you!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home