Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, May 27, 2008












"The moon rose with such majesty..." ~ Jane Eyre


He and I spent the past two days amidst the landscapes of the Catskill mountains. Each moment was surrounded by majestic mountains, vibrant flowers, breathtaking views, lush greens, and sweet smelling air. The environs were also decadent, with a cottage room filled with Japanese prints and a zen-like feel. The photos he took show all of the bounty that encompassed us, and taking it all in had a dreamlike feel to it. There are posts to come about our romantic getaway, but they all deserve this preface...

This early afternoon I stood in the shower with a skylight above me and views of the foliage from the window. Literally soaking it all in, tears came to my eyes, immediately blending into the water that ran down on me. All of this - this majesty, this uncultivated perfection, this beauty around me - is nothing compared to the soul of the man I was with here. There is more vitality in him than there is in the lilacs I smelled...there is more passion in him than in the petals of the red roses on the grounds...there is more majesty in him than the the regal mountains outside of the door this morning...

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

Oh TN, I just smile and smile and sigh and sigh - what a lovely man you describe, and how much love and passion resides in your words - so clearly must reside in your heart.

sigh.

i envy you - in the best of ways.

enjoy. revel in it. and do keep sharing.

lovely. makes this bird gently flap her wings and fly away, looking for someone to touch ever so lightly with soft, full feathers.

10:53 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Bird ~ I certainly shall keep sharing and am so grateful for your encouragement. Go fly...your feathers deserved to be touched in such a way.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

i love to hear how beyond happy you are and how much in love you are.

1:23 AM  
Blogger roxanne s. sukhan said...

lovely thoughts ... rich imagery, gentle passion just pours from this post.

it is a wonderful thing to have a beautiful soul and man to behold and love, isn't it?

2:26 AM  
Blogger moi said...

What a beautiful tribute to your beau and the way he makes you feel. Isn't love grand?

9:32 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Oh I'm so happy for you..

12:16 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Jack of Cakes ~ I think that we both hit the right timing and despite all of the pain of the past, we are blessed with such bounty now. Love you.

Frizzy ~ Thank you so much for visiting here - it means a lot!

Moi ~ Oh indeed it is!

Hliza ~ In turn, I love reading about how much your husband adores you! What isnt too adore though?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Check your email, dearest. :)

Romantic getaways in the mountains?

*sigh*

Does he have brothers? ;)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jack of Cakes said...

you ain't kidding!! I have come to accept that the past seven years were a test to the life that is about to start anew. Now we both know what being in love is supposed to be like.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home